ShinyGroove for German Users

flipp

03 Jun, 2014 07:44 PM

Hi all,

I have the same Problem as all german Users. Grooveshark and ShinyGroove is blockt.
But I found a solution that is not perfekt, but works.

You need a small extra Programm that direct the traffic from a special programm over a proxy. What for me worked was "ProxyCap" http://www.proxycap.com/download.html

After the installation you make a new Proxy. Take Proxyserver from a Free-Proxyserver-List.

Then make a ruel that shinygroove should use that Proxy. click "OK" at all windows and enable ProxyCap. (See the pdf for some screenshots)

Then start ShinnyGroove. It may take a little while (up to some minutes) because the free Proxy is probably lame.
But Grooveshark loads. If the first load is done, you can disable ProxyCap.

From now on, you can usw ShinyGroove without a Proxy and your normal Internetspeed.
If you quit ShinyGroove, you have to enable ProxyCap again for the first load.
See the Pdf for some Screenshot. I hope this helps some people

Best regards
Philipp

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Konstantin Erok... on 08 Jun, 2014 12:36 PM

Hello flipp86,

this is indeed a helpful information for all the German users out there. Thank you for sharing your achievement, we really think that this will help. From now on we will suggest your post to all the people having problems accessing Grooveshark from Germany.

Thank you again,

have an awesome day!

2. 2 Posted by flipp on 07 Jul, 2014 09:07 AM

appendix:

it works with proxifier too. Proxifier does the same like Proxycap.

It works even with the older Version Proxifier 1.3.7 ;)

Best regards

3. Danilo Bonardi closed this discussion on 10 Jul, 2014 12:58 PM.

4. flipp re-opened this discussion on 15 Jul, 2014 08:51 PM

5. 3 Posted by flipp on 15 Jul, 2014 08:51 PM

appendix 2:

It works with a simple vpn connection too.

Go get yourselfe a vpn account anywhere. There a lot of free ones or take a cheap provider.
    I've chosen https://ivacy.com/ and take the offer 1€ for 1 year with 50mb per month. Thats completly enough and you save that you always get your connection.

In your OSX Preferences you create a new vpn connection and follow the instruktions (like here: https://ivacy.com/docs/support/mac_os_x)

When you want to start shinygroove just click on your vpn connection on "connect".
    When shinygroove has loaded, you can disconnenct from your vpn server and go on normaly.

the big advantage is, you don't need an extra program und you find very cheap provider which makes it easy to get a stable connection.

Hope u enjoy

6. Danilo Bonardi closed this discussion on 16 Jul, 2014 03:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac