shiny groove displays wrong art work in mini player

Andreas Zankl

08 Feb, 2014 10:42 AM

Shiny Frog occasionally shows the correct artwork in the expanded Shiny Frog Application Window but no artwork or the wrong artwork in the mini player. For example, for the album All The Little Lights by Passenger, I get the correct artwork in the Application window, but some unrelated picture in the miniplayer (see screenshots attached). Can you fix this?

Thanks
Andreas

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Konstantin Erok... on 10 Feb, 2014 10:09 AM

Hello Andreas,

I see what happened there. The fact is that Shiny Groove tries to present you the artwork of the best quality possible. In order to achieve this it connects to a service called Discogs which has good quality artworks available (while Grooveshark artworks are small sized). If it can't find the artwork on Discogs - Shiny Groove uses the Grooveshark artwork.

In your case someone has uploaded on Discogs a wrong artwork :( You can try to remove that artwork from the arworks cache folder in order to let Shiny Groove try to download it again:

• From the Finder navigate to "~/Library/Application Support/Shiny Groove/artworks/" (use ⌘⇧G and paste there the address)
    • Find the wrong artwork and delete it (the naming convention is "Artist Name - Album - Song Name.jpg")

I noticed that with the song in your screenshot Shiny Groove do not load the Grooveshark artwork as fallback - I'll investigate the issue.

Hope this will help you,

have a perfect day!

2. 2 Posted by Andreas Zankl on 10 Feb, 2014 10:23 AM

Hi Konstantin,

Have deleted the artwork as you described and played the same songs again.
    Now the miniplayer does not show any artwork (see screenshot attached).
    Thanks for investigating.
    Andreas

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Konstantin Erok... on 10 Feb, 2014 10:28 AM

Hi Andreas,

I'm currently investigating the problem. I'll let you know soon :)

Best regards!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Konstantin Erok... on 10 Feb, 2014 04:19 PM

Hello Andreas,

we've built a version of Shiny Groove that not uses Discogs anymore (due to the change of permissions from their side). You can find it attached to this post.

Try it and tell us if you'll find something wrong.

By the way - from your screenshot I've noticed that you are using the HTML5 version of Grooveshark. Are you doing it on purpose or it is not intentional? In the second case - if you want the desktop version of Grooveshark to be displayed inside Shiny Groove you have to install Flash on System level. To achieve this you'll have to perform these steps:

Have a perfect day!

5. 5 Posted by carlos.sz on 25 Feb, 2014 05:51 AM

I have installed the app for the first time today and it was not showing any artwork.

But with the file attached to this topic the artwork is loaded. Great!

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Konstantin Erok... on 26 Feb, 2014 08:33 AM

Hello Carlos,

This version will be the next update of the application. We have submitted it to the AppStore and waiting for the review. In a short time the update will arrive for everyone.

Have a perfect day!

7. 7 Posted by carlos.sz on 01 Mar, 2014 04:55 PM

Thank you and have a great weekend!

8. Konstantin Erokhin closed this discussion on 01 Mar, 2014 08:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac