no way to download Shiny Groove from the AppleStore

Nicolas

16 Apr, 2015 09:08 AM

Hello,

I just bought ShinyGroove from the AppleStore so I run the download/installation of the AppStore version of the App, it seems to work fine until the end but when I look for the app in my app menu, the app has disappeared. I did some digging and found that during the installation the app is in the app folder and then just disappear. It seems that the ShinyGroove folder is not found anymore after the installation.
I'm running under MacOSX Lion so it should be OK from this point of view. Do you have already encoutered this kind of trouble? Anyway, I'd like some help and I do not want to pay 4$ again to download the app version from shiny frog.
Thanks in advance for your help/informations.
Nicolas

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Konstantin Erok... on 16 Apr, 2015 10:30 AM

Hello Nicolas,

there should be no ShinyGroove folder after the installation. Perform these steps in order to have Shiny Groove installed:

• open the Applications folder and make sure that there is no Shiny Groove installed (eventually remove all the folders or Applications)
    • open the Downloads folder and make sure that there is no Shiny Groove downloaded (eventually remove all the folders or Applications)
    • go to this link: https://itunes.apple.com/it/app/shiny-groove-best-player-for/id6343...
    • press on the blue "View in Mac App Store" button
    • press the "Launch Application" if the browser asks you anything
    • Press the blue "Install" button in the Mac App Store application (in the Shiny Groove page that should be opened by the previous point)

I hope this will help you. Write me back if something goes wrong.

Have an awesome day!

2. 2 Posted by Nicolas on 21 Apr, 2015 05:10 PM

Hello Konstantin,

Thank you for your help and sorry for the late answer. I had already checked and/or done what you suggested but I finally managed to figure out what was going on. In fact, itunes/appstore were not able to perform correctly the installation of the shiny groove because somewhere on the hard drive there was an other shiny groove stored and useless. It was detected by itunes as an existing version and was blocking any further update or re-installation. Apparently, Itunes/appstore were just dowloading the shiny groove app and then deleting it because of the presence of a pre-existing version.
    Maybe this will help in case of similar issue(s).
    Have a great day!
    Nicolas

3. Konstantin Erokhin closed this discussion on 27 Apr, 2015 10:21 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac