High CPU Utilization with High Sierra

aclose

09 Mar, 2018 05:37 PM

Hi I'm running Pixa Version 1.1.10 (1529) with macOS 10.13.3 on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016). I notice that Pixa consistently had very high CPU utilization (160%+) even when it is sitting idle in the background. Please help :)

1. 1 Posted by aclose on 19 Aug, 2018 03:29 PM

I am still having this problem and it is making Pixa unusable. Here is some more info:
    Sometimes when I go to quit Pixa it issues a warning message: "Pixa is importing files, are you sure you want to quit?" However, I've left it running overnight and any imports should have been completed. I also notice that the Pix Live Folders continually look like they are updating, but the file counts never change. i.e., in the "Images" Live Folder it says I've got 7 images, that number is replaced by a grey circle as if it is being updated, and then it redisplays the number 7 again.
    I have attached the warning message mentioned about and a movie file of the Live Folders cycling through their updates. Your help is appreciated.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 20 Aug, 2018 08:12 AM

@aclose Are the live folders on BropBox (or similar)? If this is the case please try to turn it off and check if Pixa give you the same problem.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• 2018-03-09_12-21-19.png 40.8 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac