Editing EXIF data / Rescanning Live folders

Sam Bailey

02 Dec, 2017 09:25 AM

Hello,

Just trying out Pixa before buying. So far I like it. One thing that I couldn't work out how to do.

On importing via a Live Folder, I sorted by Creation Date, and noticed that some photos had the erroneous creation date of 1 Jan 1970. I edited their creation date using an external EXIF editor. All good. But the old creation date was still visible in Pixa. I deleted them from the library, and reimported them, but the "ghost" of the old record was clearly still there in the database because it didn't import the new creation date. I had to rename the files before reimporting them, to force it to make new database entries, before the new creation date was visible.

Is there a more elegant way of doing this? Forcing the database to rescan the files, or something like that?

Thanks
Sam

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 04 Dec, 2017 09:07 AM

Hi Sam,

please try this, remove the file from the folder, quit Pixa, re-add the file and re-open Pixa. This should force Pixa to rescan the files.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Sam Bailey on 04 Dec, 2017 09:17 AM

Hi yes I tried this to no effect. I had to rename the files.

Maybe I didn't wait long enough (there's no progress indicator for rescanning I don't think, so it's not clear if something has failed or still in progress)

Thanks for your reply!

3. Danilo Bonardi closed this discussion on 04 Dec, 2017 09:35 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac