Merge or combine tags

qpanda

30 Nov, 2017 03:38 AM

One of my sources of stock illustration art, for some inexplicable reason, prefaces all of their image tags with a space. So whenever I get a new batch from that source, I take a few moments to fix the tags in Pixa. Usually, all I have to do is edit the tag name to delete the leading space.

However, if the tag (without the leading space) is already present in my Pixa library, Pixa won't let me simply rename the bad tag. Instead, I have to add the correct tag to all affected images and then delete the bad tag. That adds extra steps that waste time, especially since my list of tags is long enough that I usually can't see both the bad tag and the good tag in my list at the same time, so I can't see before trying to rename the tag whether it already exists.

Could you add to Pixa a feature such that when a tag name is edited and the changed name is an already existing tag, Pixa asks the user if they want to combine the files from the two tags unto the one tag being changed to? It could be set as a preference setting so that those who don't want to be asked can set it to always or never merge the tags without asking.

(While you're tinkering with that part of the app, could you fix the string so that instead of "Tag already exist", it says "Tag already exists"? It's a minor grammar thing, but it bugs me every time the message pops up.)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 04 Dec, 2017 10:21 AM

Hi,

Could you add to Pixa a feature such that when a tag name is edited and the changed name is an already existing tag, Pixa asks the user if they want to combine the files from the two tags unto the one tag being changed to? It could be set as a preference setting so that those who don't want to be asked can set it to always or never merge the tags without asking.

Combining tags sounds a little intricate to me, but maybe I can propose an alternate solution. In Pixa's tag view, select the tag (or tags) you want to merge or rename, click on the grid hit ⌘A to select all the files and ⌘i to show the info panel. In the tags field delete the tag(s) you want to rename and add a new one. The change will effect all the selected files in one shot and the spaced tag(s) will disappear.

While you're tinkering with that part of the app, could you fix the string so that instead of "Tag already exist", it says "Tag already exists"? It's a minor grammar thing, but it bugs me every time the message pops up.

Wow, this is a long-running typo. I'll add this to the todo list.

Thanks.

2. Danilo Bonardi closed this discussion on 04 Dec, 2017 10:21 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac