SVG - importing/exporting as small bitmaps?

Bmuse

21 Nov, 2017 09:46 PM

Hello! I've imported a collection of SVGs into Pixa. But they didn't import as vectors -- they are tiny bitmaps, and are very pixelated. I tried exporting them as PNGs (512px etc), but they also export as small bitmapped images, poor quality.

By contrast, the same SVGs import into IconJar as vectors, and I am able to export them as PNGs at any size.

I'm attaching a screencap showing the same SVG in Pixa (left) and IconJar (right). Note that the preview size in Pixa is 278 pixels, but the SVG images are tiny. In IconJar, you can see the the SVGs are vector and the 512px preview is sharp.

SVG is on the list of formats Pixa supports. Is there an import setting I've missed? Are SVGs supported as vectors?

Thanks very much,
B

1. 1 Posted by B on 07 Dec, 2017 02:33 PM

Hi Danilo,

Any update or info on this?

I've tried importing additional SVGs from different sources, but they all come in as small pixelated bitmaps.

I've converted some in IconJar, to large PNGs that Pixa will import. But that adds a lot of extra work. I'd like to get the native SVGs properly into Pixa.

Thanks,
    B

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 08 Dec, 2017 08:55 AM

Hi,

No, we a still looking for the best solution. Unfortunately is hard to build a good svg importer without using a webview to render it, which have memory and performance problems.

Cheers.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• pixa-iconjar-svg-01.jpg 408 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac