Don't need Pixa 2--just High Sierra Compatibility

Paul Joannides

16 Aug, 2017 04:59 AM

Hi Danilo--I have my own business and can understand the dilemma you have with Pixa--it's not making you any money, so how can you justify the time and money to do a new version? So I am fine if you don't do a Pixa 2 with new bells and whistles. However, if you are able to do an update that allows Pixa to be compatible with High Sierra, I and I suspect many others who have thousands of images stored in Pixa would be very, very, very thankful. I can't speak for others, but I would be willing to pay for the update, so I don't have to deal with the nightmare of what to do with all of the graphics and images that now live in Pixa.

To help support Pixa, I did purchase a full year of Bear, and will continue to do so. But I realize Pixa has its own separate costs for you.
--Thanks, Paul

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 17 Aug, 2017 04:44 PM

Hi Paul,

first of all thanks for your post, you centered the main problem here even if is becoming more time related than money related (please purchase Bear Pro only if you need it).

Can you please be more specific about what is not working in Pixa with High Sierra? I'm on 10.13 beta but so far I have not experienced specific bugs.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Paul Joannides,... on 17 Aug, 2017 06:08 PM

> Time related..

You most certainly nailed it, Danilo. There are simply not enough hours in each day, by a long shot.

I’m not using High Sierra yet. I just wanted to be sure that when Sept. rolls around, I can switch to High Sierra and not have to worry about Pixa not coming along.

I have noticed that the Pixa library still vastly underestimates its size. Last night, I did a back up of the library, and it said something like 654 MB in size. Same reading when I did “get info.” But the library is 6.4 GB! It only showed its actual size when I did the backup on an external drive and could see the size there.

The other issue has been when doing a screen capture using Pixa. It suddenly gave me a library of 1 with no way to recover the other 3,452 images without doing a forced quit and a system restart, and then I had to do some things I usually don’t do. So while I rarely use the screen capture in Pixa, I don’t think I’ll be using it again, unless it’s working okay from your end.

It would be nice to have a more automatic was of doing a library backup, but I’ve gotten used to going into the library container and finding it. That would be the only new feature that would be helpful, but again, no big deal.

So if Pixa can weather the journey to High Sierra, I’ll be very happy and appreciative that you are still keeping an eye on it.

Paul

3. 3 Posted by Paul Joannides,... on 17 Aug, 2017 06:15 PM

As for Bear Pro, I originally got it to support Shiny Frog, but have started using it regularly and am very pleased with what you have done. It’s a nice environment to write in, but also has good features that allow me to keep things organized. I like it way better than Scrivener.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac