Keywords not updating Tags; Tags not updating Keywords

redclaw

14 Jan, 2017 01:15 AM

Just bought Pixa from the App Store. There's a few shortcomings that I would like addressed. Most notable is that Pixa Tags are not updating the image Keywords, nor the image Keywords are updating the Pixa Tags. When I make a change in one, the other does not get updated.

Since I keep my images in more than one location (see below), this needs to be addressed. I found the thread Tags & Support but it's from 2012. I can't believe this hasn't been resolved.

Mac OS X 10.12
8 GB RAM
4 x 256GB SSD
Pixa 1.1.10

Additional info:
My setup is as follows. I keep the images on a Synology NAS and serve them via Synology Photo Station. I also have Synology Cloud Station setup that syncs the photos to a local folder on my Mac. This allows for Pixa to more readily load and update the files. The images all have IPTC Keywords in them. I moved the keywords from iPhoto straight into the images using AppleScript. It took a couple of days to do as I had to run it in batches. Since iPhoto is no longer available, and I didn't want to keep my images in Apple's Photos App, I moved them to the Synology Photo Station to give it a try. I didn't really like the UI of Photo Station and it was to difficult to enter Keywords into individual pictures, so I kept looking for a replacement. Found your program and thought it would be a good replacement for iPhoto. It had Live Folders to keep the images from being copied into yet another database of some sort, and appeared to have Keyword support. However, after getting it setup for my workflow, I found that the Tags were not actually Keywords and they were not updating correctly. Please fix this as I use Keywords on a lot of my images to sort and find something.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 17 Jan, 2017 10:52 AM

Hi,

can you send me one the picture with IPTC Keywords which are not readed in Pixa?

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by redclaw on 17 Jan, 2017 10:14 PM

Attached are two file. A screenshot of Pixa with the IPTC data and Pixa Tags along with the same image opened in Preview with its IPTC information. The second attachment is the picture itself.

Steps to reproduce:
    1-Launch Pixa and locate picture.
    2-Right-click and open with preview.
    3-In Preview open the Inspector and make changes to Keyword list.
    4-Save file out.
    5-Pixa will update the IPTC keyword list but not the Tag list.

-or-

1-Launch Pixa and locate picture.
    2-Update the tag list.
    3-IPTC keywords do not get updated.
    4-Open picture in Preview to verify this.

3. 3 Posted by redclaw on 04 Feb, 2017 12:15 AM

Has any further progress be made on this?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 05 Feb, 2017 01:48 PM

not yet, sorry.

5. 5 Posted by redclaw on 08 Jun, 2017 10:47 PM

It has now been 6 months and I have yet to be able to use this application. Is any progress going to be made on this?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac