Waiting................for new features :)

superhero_tm

03 Jun, 2016 09:07 AM

Hello Shiny Frog-Team,

where ist the update with new features for Pixa? There have passed years.
Would pay 5€ for good updates

Could you show us some roadmap or something like this?

Kind regards
Alex

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 03 Jun, 2016 03:57 PM

Hi Alex,

we're releasing another app in days. Once released we'll make plan for Pixa release.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by superhero_tm on 15 Jun, 2016 07:57 AM

Which app this will be? One app like Pixa? I need to know how future-proof pixa is. Because i use 25k pictures library and i dont want change the software every 2 Years, and do organise all 25k pictures again and again. Pixa works very fast, but we need more features/updates.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 16 Jun, 2016 10:09 AM

Hi,

no, the next app will not be like Pixa. Next week will be revelated.

We'll sure make everything in our power to keep the actual version of Pixa compatible with the current and next macOS releases and also we'll keep fixing bugs.

Cheers.

4. 4 Posted by superhero_tm on 17 Jun, 2016 09:33 AM

Sounds good, but are there only fixing bugs and make this app compatible to future OS releases? What about the requested features? Are you developing further Pixa, too? Or just the other apps?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 17 Jun, 2016 10:50 AM

When I wrote about bug fixing and compatibility I was referring to the current version.
    Pixa 2.0 will have a brand new set of features, but I can't reveal more right now. Sorry.

Cheers.

6. 6 Posted by Robert M. Münch on 03 Jul, 2016 03:05 PM

Please think about adding something like an "indexing" feature for Powerpoint etc. presentations. That would be great!

I only know one tool doing it: http://www.simplyzoom.com/ But windows only and I don't like it a lot. Slow, and not too convenient.

7. Konstantin Erokhin closed this discussion on 17 Nov, 2016 02:35 PM.

8. superhero_tm re-opened this discussion on 05 Mar, 2018 08:41 AM

9. 7 Posted by superhero_tm on 05 Mar, 2018 08:41 AM

Hi Danilo, now its nearly two years gone. What about Pixa 2?

10. Support Staff 8 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 05 Mar, 2018 10:31 AM

Hi,

unfortunately, Pixa failed to generate a steady income for a while. We tried to keep the project going but we have fewer and fewer time to invest on this Project and at the moment we can't guarantee Pixa will work on next MacOS release.

Cheers.

11. 9 Posted by Robert M. Münch on 05 Mar, 2018 10:45 AM

If you abandon the project, why not open-sourcing it? Maybe some pick it up? I would give it a try... IMO there is nothing to lose and all your effort so far shouldn't be sunk...

12. Support Staff 10 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 05 Mar, 2018 11:46 AM

We are a little ashamed of the project itself to open source it as it needs a virtual machine with macOS 10.9 to run, but yes if any people intend to pick the project feel free to contact us.

13. 11 Posted by Robert M. Münch on 05 Mar, 2018 12:12 PM

Can you elaborate a bit on it? Is it done in objective-C?

14. Support Staff 12 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 05 Mar, 2018 12:43 PM

Yes, is developed in Objc, the current target development is 10.7.3 and CoreData based. Requires macosx10.9 SDK. Make use Xibs (no storyboard back then).

If you need more info feel free to ask.

15. 13 Posted by superhero_tm on 05 Mar, 2018 01:10 PM

You need to keep Pixa alive. It's the best and fastest app to organize picture files/ideas offline. It just needs some improvements.
    I need it on further OS. I cant believe i am the only Pixa-User.

May be roberts idea to make pixa open source is a possibility.

What about crowdfunding?

16. Support Staff 14 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 05 Mar, 2018 03:37 PM

What about crowdfunding?

I think this is a choice of whom will take care of the project.

17. 15 Posted by Brett on 12 Mar, 2018 07:29 PM

I will +1000 my enthusiasm for this app. I searched for months for an icon organizer, tried multiple apps that are more modern/recent, and still settled on Pixa. Even though it hasn't been updated in a long time, it still holds its own and is even superior in many respects. Some of the features that I find absolutely indispensable:

- TABS. No other icon/image organizer that I tested does this. Having different collections open in tabs is awesome.

- COLLECTION-SPECIFIC THUMBNAIL SIZES. Each collection retains its own thumbnail size, which is super useful for different types of icons.

- LIVE FOLDERS that import references rather than copy files to the Library.

- LOOK & FEEL. Maybe it's dated, but the UI is still elegant and stays out of the way. The dark grid background is terrific. Color icons for folders & collections are great -- apps with tiny line icons are difficult to navigate. And I'm admittedly still a fan of skeumortphic-ish design.

Sure, Pixa needs improvements in different areas. If I was a programmer, I would absolutely pick this up. As it is, I'm a very experienced and dedicated user who REALLY wants Pixa to stay alive.

Robert, if you're seriously looking into pursuing Pixa, I will absolutely volunteer my services to assist with testing, use cases, visual design, documentation, creative content -- whatever's needed. If you decide to proceed, post back here and let me know.

And Danilo -- thank you for being open about Pixa's future, uncertain though it may be. Know that you have users who love the app and want it to succeed.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac