a problem with the colour of MacOS folders

Basil Grammaticos

25 Feb, 2018 05:24 PM

Dear Danilo,

I have a problem with the colour of the system folder. It spoils all efforts at background colouring. I attach two files so that you can see what I am talking about. I have an image which is too short and when I am making a folder out of it I must shift it vertically. Then a part of the blue colour of the system folder appears on top. And when I am trying to colour it by adjusting the background colour it is impossible to get a colour that matches. This is due to the fact that I am applying a colour on something which is already coloured. This spoils the result.
All problems would be solved if you provided also a white folder. Then one would be able to apply colours correctly. Couldn't you provide such a template? It would be extremely helpful for all of us folder-icon maniacs.

Looking froward to your answer
Basile

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 27 Feb, 2018 11:36 AM

Hi,

I think you are right and more can be done with folder colors. The big problem is the subtle paper texture the folder have and is not easily replicable in white. In this particular example, you don't see the patter because is mostly on the front part of the folder, but we have to account any images.

We'll look into this for next update.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Basil Grammatic... on 27 Feb, 2018 11:57 AM

Many thanks for your answer Danilo,

I agree that the paper texture is something that can be easily washed out if one works with white folders. But still thi is better than the sickly colours one gets whe trying to background-colour the blue MacOS folder.
    In fact the problem is a deeper one and has to do with the logic of Image2icon. If one could superimpose more than one image all would be simpler. But this is not possible and would require a major overhaul (which would do away with the simplicity of Image2icon). So the only solution, to my eyes, is to provide a minimal template editing possibility. Namely introduce a template which one can first colour and then use. The ideal would be to first choose a colour, make it stick, and then re-colour it. Since even this sounds somewhat difficult, the only solution I see (given that white is too harsh) is to have a template folder of light grey colour. One would then be able to apply colours without too much distortion. (And even in this case one would never obtain vibrant colours, but I am aware that one should not ask too much).

Best regards
    Basil

3. Danilo Bonardi closed this discussion on 28 Feb, 2018 09:23 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac