batch processing question

Keith Strachan

12 Dec, 2017 12:21 AM

is there a way to control the names that are outputted during a batch processing of icons? Currently files are renamed icon_1.filetype and increment accordingly. Nice touch. But what if I want to leave the file names alone or modify them. Can I?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 12 Dec, 2017 11:57 AM

Hi Keith,

with the current version of Image2icon is not possible to have control over the file naming during a batch export. To be honest tour post made me wonder if using the original file names can be indeed more useful than renaming to icon_. I'll keep that in mind for next update.

Thanks.

P.S.
    Cool icons BTW, are they made by you?

2. 2 Posted by Keith Strachan on 12 Dec, 2017 02:32 PM

Thanks for considering this. Perhaps a toggle so we have a choice between keeping the original names or the renamed icons???

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 12 Dec, 2017 02:54 PM

I'd prefer to go always origin names, so far we don't have preferences inside Image2icon and I'd like to keep it that way.

4. 4 Posted by Keith Strachan on 12 Dec, 2017 03:00 PM

Makes perfect sense... Original names works for me. I can use a batch rename tool like RENAMER to rename first if I need to.

Nope icons aren't mine sadly, but they are rather good. Using them in our Educational Suite of Computational THinking Apps.

5. Danilo Bonardi closed this discussion on 13 Dec, 2017 09:23 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac