Folder icon

Evgeny

07 Feb, 2017 01:21 PM

Hello!

Just bought your nice program looking for custom folder icons on my mac, but I can't do so. Seems like folder template is a bit different from what is on mac and colors vary. What am I doing wrong or is it made by purpose like licensing? If so, is it possible to manually set image for folder background in the app on my system, so the result would be the same as default folder? Attaching GenericFolderIcon.icns that are come with Mac OS Sierra and newly created empty folder.icns with Image2Icon app. And also attaching screenshot with 3 folders where middle one is created in the app.

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Evgeny on 07 Feb, 2017 01:26 PM

Not sure that files attached properly, so giving link for archive with all 3 files that I wanted to show:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ30odQB2VHlyz2ofsCp5BgHgeI

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 07 Feb, 2017 03:15 PM

Hi Evgeny,

I'm not on a calibrated monitor but it seems folder.icns and GenericFolderIcon.icns are very similar. The three folder screenshot shows the system watermarked icons which are darker than regular folders.

Cheers.

3. 3 Posted by Evgeny on 07 Feb, 2017 03:23 PM

Hmm, can I make same watermarked icons too? Also here is a screenshot of 2 icons from app and 2 default folder icons. Still different in my opinion...

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 09 Feb, 2017 10:28 AM

Hi,

it's possible something changed with the 10.12.3, I'll check as soon as possible.

Cheers.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 12 Feb, 2017 02:54 PM

It seems something changed in the folder after the 10.12.3 or they have remove the gamma correction.

We'll do some tests and change the folder output in the next release.

6. 6 Posted by Evgeny on 12 Feb, 2017 02:56 PM

Got it. Thanks!

7. 7 Posted by Evgeny on 04 Jun, 2017 03:54 PM

Hi! Any news on this?

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 14 Jun, 2017 06:02 AM

Hi,

yes, but there is something else we want to fix before releasing an update.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac