More cd cases templates?

Antonio Carvalho

25 Oct, 2015 03:03 PM

Hello,
just bought your app - was wondering if you plan to add other cd templates cases - Digipack, transparent jewel case, transparent CD Single, CD Box and other formats.
Best regards

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 26 Oct, 2015 10:14 AM

Hi Antonio,

we are always searching for new icon templates, I think the transparent jewel case can be an interesting addition but as icon is hard to differentiate it from the transparent CD Single.

Digipack risk to look like a simple square icon on a desktop, to be clean I mean this one:
    http://www.hellmanproduction.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/IM...

I don't know what do you mean by CD Box, can you send me a picuture/link ?

Thanks.

2. 2 Posted by apceecee on 26 Oct, 2015 10:18 PM

Saluti Danilo,
    i don’t know if you are familiar with SlipCover, a freeware program, no longer updated, that does most of
    the same things that Image2Icon does? Well, it used to support third party templates (see some below).
    The jewel case icon works very well with a slimmer spine and and reflexes - my suggestion could be something
    similar to this but with a transparent spine - the same thing for an old CD Single case (the formats are different…).
    May i suggest also a vinyl icon with the record on top for 7” singles? it would also be great a vinyl icon with used
    markings on the cover (like its been used often…)
    Why not include an icon for cassete tapes (the tape and the box)?
    A final suggestion - would it be possible to move the icon settings pop up menu so it wouldn’t cover partially the
    vertical menu icon?

Grazie tanti
    Antonio Carvalho

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 27 Oct, 2015 09:33 AM

Hi Antonio,

I think slimmer and transparent spine cd is something we can give a shot to, also the cassette seems interesting.

Can you send me a picture of what you mean with "vinyl icon with the record on top"? I tried different solutions for the vinyl but the inner circle is too small for good result.

We can evaluate a detachable settings pop up, but I have to make sure it works in OS X 10.9.

Cheers.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac