Creating own templates in image2icon & 10.11 Support

lein9er

27 Jun, 2015 09:08 AM

Hi,

first of all I'd like to say that I'm a Pixa and image2icon user. I love both apps!
But is it possible to create my own templates for image2icon? And if so, it would be great to have some kind of tutorial.
Furthermore I heard that there are some limitations when it comes to customization in El Capitan. Will image2icon be compatible with 10.11?

Thanks and best regards.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 20 Jul, 2015 09:57 AM

Hi,

thank you for being a Pixa & Image2icon user! :)

You can't create your icon template in Image2icon but we plan to add more of them in the future. You are the second one asking for customs icon templates, is complex to implement and prone to possible app crashes, but if more users ask for it we'll think about it.

Last time I tested Image2icon with the OS 10.11 beta everything seems to works fine with some minor issues. We'll wait for the GM before starting correcting bugs, but Image2icon will definitely work on El Capitan.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Peter on 08 Nov, 2016 08:36 PM

It would be Great!!! If i ciuld make my templates. May be from png pictures

3. 3 Posted by Javier García on 14 Mar, 2017 06:46 PM

Hi!
    I'm a Setapp user and I have to say that Image2Icon app it is just amazing! But I would like to make/save my own templates!

4. 4 Posted by D-Fib on 10 Sep, 2018 06:34 PM

I guess that makes me the fourth person to recommend that you add the ability to create custom templates. I use a black folder with a specific matte texture and it would be great to be able to add logos to it without having to go through the hassle of doing it myself in Illustrator.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac