Scan feature

Ryan

06 Nov, 2017 12:56 PM

I love Bear, but lately I've been being challenged by Apple's Notes app where I can scan papers with my phone and they're added to my notes. I think this would be a really great feature for Bear, and help keep it as the Swiss Army Knife of writing apps. Keep up the great work!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 08 Nov, 2017 04:45 PM

Hi Ryan,

we have not yet considered an in-app document scanner, but if more people manifest this need, we'll take it into consideration.

Thanks for the feedback.

2. 2 Posted by Michael Cai on 10 Jan, 2018 04:30 AM

I second Ryan's request!

3. 3 Posted by stuart.mchattie on 19 Jan, 2018 06:33 AM

Yup, this is something that makes putting documents in to Bear tricky. I have to scan in another app, copy the scan to paste in to Bear. Obviously Bear supports photographing the document so you’re already half way there. It just needs to do some auto-cropping of the document and filtering to give a cleaner copy.

4. 4 Posted by Ethan on 19 Jan, 2018 02:05 PM

I'm with this...I was encouraging my coworker to replace Evernote with this and at first he was excited but then he rejected it due to this missing feature that him and his wife use.

Highly encourage.

5. 5 Posted by Jason on 31 Jan, 2018 04:39 AM

I agree! This would be a great feature especially if it supported OCR

6. 6 Posted by Joel Lingenfelt... on 24 Feb, 2018 01:47 PM

I am trying to make my office at home paperless. A simpler way to add document scanning might be IFTTT. With the poor quality control app I left to come to bear I could scan to Dropbox, and IFTTT would pickup the file and add it to Evernote (which I will never go back to after they cost me so much time with the zero QC release of 8.0 but I digress). That seems like a simpler way to add scanning to bear than building out scanning features. Keep near focused on being the best note app!

7. 7 Posted by William on 16 Mar, 2018 06:38 PM

This really needs to happen. In my opinion the scanner on the notes app is such a key feature! This is essential!

8. 8 Posted by Landin on 18 Apr, 2018 09:20 PM

+1 for me as well. This would be very helpful on getting docs all in to one bear file.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac