Feature Request: Archiving Tags

Matthew Erskine

26 Oct, 2017 09:44 AM

Apologies if this has already been suggested, I couldn't see it anywhere.

It would be great to have a folder alongisde 'Notes' and 'Trash' called 'Archive' as a simple way to clean up #tags#.
Tags could be dragged and dropped in or by right clicking and selecting 'Archive Tag'. This will maintain the structure of the tag (e.g. all of the notes within it), however, will simply hide it from the main pane on the left.

The 'Archive' menu item would either be a tree node displaying all of the archived tags (allowing them to be 'Unarchived' via right click) or alternatively clicking the menu item would display all of the Archive Tags (rather than notes) in the 2nd pane.

I hope this makes sense and also is noticed as a potentially useful addition!

Thanks for your time.

Matt

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 30 Oct, 2017 09:46 AM

Hi Matt,

I don't remember if this has been suggested, but we don't a real plan for tag archiving. We have indeed plans for archiving notes and your suggestion feels like an extension of it. I think having the tag hierarchy inside the archive can be useful for finding archive notes, but maybe is a little overkill for the standard archive user.

Thanks for the suggestion.

2. 2 Posted by Sasha on 29 May, 2018 04:49 PM

Hi Bear,

I use Archive to clean up my hashtag list, but I still need to be able to go back and reference.

At a minimum, perhaps searching for hashtags is a reasonable middle ground. I can click into archive and if I search #xxx or #xxx/yyyI will see all related notes.

Without a way to be able to look back through my organized tag hierarchies, I am essentially forced to create my own Archive tag and organize everything under there.

Thanks,
    Sasha

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac