Search is slow; I need an option to search only on enter key press

fiil12

05 Sep, 2017 11:14 AM

Hi,

I've recently migrated to Bear from Evernote, and I'm in love with its Markdown editor.

Now number of my notes is almost reaching 1500. The problem is that the search refreshes on every keystroke seem to be very, very slow.

Especially in my iPhone 6, the speed is very poor. It lags every time I write a single character. I almost have to wait a few seconds to see my final search result. It's even much worse if I try to search in Korean.

Since I have less or no interest on intermediate results, it would be nice if there was a option to get search result only on final enter key press. When I search, what I need for every keystroke is search autocompletion/suggestion for tags and note titles, not total search.

Thank you!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 06 Sep, 2017 09:06 AM

Hi,

usually, Bear search don't suffer lag during keystrokes but maybe it's a bug, are you experiencing these problems on a specific device? Which OS version?

Cheers.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac