[Feature Request]Re-edit Handwriting & Crop & Format

Rocky

24 Jun, 2017 07:58 PM

Hi dear developers:

I am now using Apple Pencil to draw some figures and then insert them in my notes. Correspondingly I found some features that are necessary.

1. Re-Edit. After drawing it, this figure cannot be edited again. I have to delete it and the draw a new one. I hope we can edit it by clicking the figure I draw.

2. Crop. In the drawing, I hope I could crop some part of the pic and then move it to anywhere.

3. Format. I hope the pic I insert can be formatted like indent right.

I don't know whether you can put these features in the roadmap but I'm looking forward to. Thank you very much.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 26 Jun, 2017 01:48 PM

Hi Rocky,

thank you for the feedback, I'll see what we can do to integrate functions 1 and 2. Markdown do not have indentation parameters (at least not in its popular forms) so is almost impossible to have #3 working in our context.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Rocky on 26 Jun, 2017 09:10 PM

@Danilo Bonardi,

Thank you. I'm so looking forward to improved support for Apple Pencil.

3. 3 Posted by Matt on 08 Oct, 2017 12:22 AM

Hi,

I am loving bear it is absolutely fantastic. However, one thing I wish it had was native support for handwriting. I know I can click and write but it is more or less like adding a snapshot then allowing me to jot down thoughts. I would love to see the ability to just write within my notes. Any plans to implement this?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 09 Oct, 2017 11:12 AM

Hi Matt,

right now we don't have real plans for handwriting, is something very interesting but require a lot of work to support all the symbols. I think GoodNotes does an impressive job for handwriting.

Regards.

5. 5 Posted by Matt on 09 Oct, 2017 04:56 PM

Danilo thank you for the response. I am not sure if I read this wrong but I think you might be referring to handwriting to text? I would just like to be able to write freely within the note instead of having to click the handwriting module and paste what I wrote into the note as a picture

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 11 Oct, 2017 09:17 AM

Oh sorry, I was referring to a similar feature request.

So far we don't have the intention to support on-note sketching, but if more people feel this necessity we're open to taking it into consideration.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac