touchID/password protected notes

Robby

11 Jun, 2017 02:15 AM

any update on password protected notes?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 11 Jun, 2017 06:16 AM

Hi Robby,

a month ago we let Bear's users vote which major feature they want most between tables, encryption, and mathJax. Tables won so we'll work on it first but password protection was the second most voted.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Bob on 13 Sep, 2017 11:58 PM

Really, Tables won. If you want to do tables then use a word processor or spreadsheet. Password protection my files is much more important. It seems that you're getting away from the original Bear intention, a really nice note-taking app. So many companies have had a really good idea then started adding "features" where it gets to the point of not being usable for it's original purpose. Hope this doesn't happen to Bear.

3. 3 Posted by jim g on 14 Sep, 2017 09:38 AM

Bob - keep in mind that per the Bear home page, Bear is a writing app based on a markdown editor. Many writers using the app need markdown table support in order to be able to include tables in their documents. Word processors or spreadsheets are no help with that. I suspect that's why tables came in first.

4. 4 Posted by Bob Benwell on 14 Sep, 2017 04:36 PM

Thanks, Jim. I didn’t know that.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac