Any news about a web version of Bear ?

jjacazio

03 Jun, 2017 08:28 AM

Hi guys,

I remember you (Danilo) once told me you had planned a web version for Bear. Could you give me any update about it ?
I just can't wait ! :-)
The reason is that, at work, we are on PCs, and so Windows softwares. :-(

Please tell me that I wille be able very soon to use Bear when I am at work, far away from my MacBook !...
:-)

Best regards
Jerome

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by Kirby on 16 Jun, 2018 10:54 AM

I was waiting for a web app before really committing on Bear but it was just too long. So I used Evernote and tried to love it since I can use it on my PC. But I can't love it. It's too buggy and slow. I'll switch all my notes to Bear and wait for this web app patiently. A windows or web app will give Bear so much flexibility. More power to your team. You have such a great app.

2. 32 Posted by Paul Pianta on 20 Jul, 2018 02:38 PM

The trees have leaves, the birds are singing, the sun shines brightly most days and I just got air conditioning installed in my house because it gets too hot.
    All signs indicate that summer is here - but Bear Web is not :(

But you know what - I'm kinda ok with that coz I know it's gonna rock when it comes out - like everything else Bear.

I wouldn't say not to an early access beta though ...

3. 33 Posted by Sim on 24 Jul, 2018 10:08 PM

Count me in, waiting impatiently for the web version to finally make the switch to Bear. Any News on progress?

4. 34 Posted by Sergey Sarkisya... on 25 Jul, 2018 12:50 PM

--
    Sent from myMail for Android Wednesday, 25 July 2018, 01:08AM +03:00 from Sim [email blocked] :

5. 35 Posted by Zak Kolar on 26 Aug, 2018 07:17 PM

I'd also love a web-based version for when I'm at work and don't have my Macbook with me!

6. 36 Posted by Brett on 26 Aug, 2018 07:59 PM

I’ve switched to Byword for iOS and Typora for Linux using Dropbox sync 

7. 37 Posted by Lucian on 23 Sep, 2018 03:56 PM

"Hi,
    we had some drawback to the web development and we had to move the release date from early 2018 to mid/summer 2018, but the development is still on track.
    Cheers."

The Summer is over, any news ?

8. Support Staff 38 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 25 Sep, 2018 04:38 PM

Hi Lucian,

I'm afraid we don't have something to show yet regarding the web app. The development got a little sidetracked because we want to make the release of Bear Web coincide with a huge update to Bear's editor on MacOS and iOS.

We choose this way because of technical reasons (web, iOS, and MacOS have to speak the same language) and practical ones (meaning do not implement the web editor 2 times).

I'm sorry for my wrong ETAs.

Cheers.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac