Autocomplete for tags

Raja

28 Apr, 2017 02:51 AM

Bear is Awesome! But it's missing some features to make me more productive. Can we add support for tags to autocomplete or show suggestions for existing tags as we start typing few characters of a tag?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 28 Apr, 2017 10:13 AM

Hi Raja,

yes, we are aware tag autocompletion is a needed feature and we are working make it available as soon as possible.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Raja on 28 Apr, 2017 03:29 PM

Great. Good to know.

Thanks,
    Raja.

3. 3 Posted by Felix on 21 Jun, 2017 07:28 PM

I am very glad to hear that tag autocompletion is on your story board.

It would be great to not only consider the beginning of the entire tag path for autocompletion but the individual levels as well. What does this mean? Well, lets say I got a lot of tags related to individuals summarized unter #person/..., e.g. #person/felix. It would be great to get the autocompletion suggestion "#person/felix" when I just type "#f" instead of typing "#person/f".

Do you consider this feature?

Best
    Felix

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 22 Jun, 2017 07:29 AM

HI Felix,

we have to check if a matching like the one you propose can lead do misleading results, but definitely is worth a shot.

Cheers.

5. 5 Posted by Josh on 14 Nov, 2017 11:28 AM

+1. It seems to have been a year since this topic was brought up; http://help.shinyfrog.net/discussions/bear/1874-autocomplete-suggestions-for-tags-and-links-to-other-notes

Any a number of other threads like it; https://goo.gl/oeKgrh

I feel you have an opportunity to steel Evernote users at the moment because their latest iso update is painfully slow. Really want to migrate to you but tag autocompletion is an essential feature otherwise i end up misspelling and creating new tags instead of tagging with an existing tag

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac