Pasting images fails

Bodhi

16 Apr, 2017 01:54 PM

When I copy and paste an image from the web, the URL to the image appears rather than the image itself.

If I drag and drop the image does get added to the note, but this is rather clumsy in comparison. Can you add support for pasting images?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 18 Apr, 2017 09:24 AM

Hi Bodhi,

how do you copy and paste images into Bear? I'm not sure this is your case but if you drag and drop an image from a web page into a bear note it correctly display the image, maybe when you copy the browser put an url inside the clipboard instead of the image.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Bodhipaksa on 18 Apr, 2017 11:51 AM

The kind of copying that fails is right-clicking on the image, selecting “copy image," and then pasting into a note. The expected behavior is that the image would be pasted, but what appears is the text of the image URL. This happens in both Chrome and Firefox on a Mac.

I’ve ended up dragging images as a work-around, and it works. The problem is that I tend to use my browser full screen and it’s a pain to have to resize it in a way that still allows me to see the image I want, and to also have Bear positioned on the screen in a way that allows me to drag to the target area. And then I have to put everything back to the way it was.

It would be much more convenient (and intuitive) to be able to copy the image in one screen, switch apps, and then paste.

Thanks!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 18 Apr, 2017 11:57 AM

Hi,

I investigated a little and I think the browsers copy both image and link in the clipboard when you select "copy image", may be a little tricky on our part to understand if it's correct to add the image or the link in Bear, but I'll mark this in our todo list of bugs to check.

Thanks.

4. 4 Posted by Bodhipaksa on 18 Apr, 2017 12:11 PM

Thanks for looking into this. Much appreciated.

I’m loving Bear, by the way, and brought it to the attention of David Pogue. Hopefully he’ll spread the word.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac