Linking to local files

22 Mar, 2017 06:23 AM

I have a huge library of pdfs I'd like to reference from inside Bear notes so that I can click on the link and open referenced pdf file.

I understand this would not work across devices, but I think there might still be a good use case for being able to link to local files (e.g. with "file://" references).

Is this something that you'd consider?

Thank you,

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 22 Mar, 2017 11:35 AM

Hi Jan,

Is virtually possibly to add file reference, but will have some huge limitations due to the sandbox. The sandbox is a security measure Apple enforce for every app on the Mac App Store which prevents access to files and folders without an explicit user authorization.

2. 2 Posted by Tommy on 02 Feb, 2018 11:07 AM

Hi Danillo - can you outline how we can do this if it's possible?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 02 Feb, 2018 11:25 AM

Sorry, I was not clear, is virtually possible in a programming perspective (on Mac, on iOS is not possible) but we'd have to ship another Bear version outside the App Store which sounds like a little hazard in user privacy and security perspective.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac