Suggestion: Business Templates

wally_bear

28 Feb, 2017 08:18 PM

Hi,

My Disclaimer: the following is only a suggestion to add to the roadmap - not an idea that has to be implemented anytime in the short term. 

I got an informative newsletter from Evernote and in it was a link to sample business templates.

Link: https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2017/02/14/solve-small-business-secret-problem-take-evernote-work-free-business-templates/

I thought it was a nice idea and something that might be great for the folks at Bear to consider. I know we cannot do things like tables right now but just sharing some thoughts.

Fortunately, the templates were not sufficient enough to cause me to switch back to Evernote - I'm still loyal to Bear. 

Regards,

W

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 01 Mar, 2017 09:19 AM

Hi Wally,

interesting idea, I think we can manage to do something like that when we'll have tables, but I don't if the templates interest the majority of Bear users. Which one of Evernote's templates you'll use for your work?

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by wally_bear on 01 Mar, 2017 04:20 PM

Hi Danilo,

I already have my own templates set up in Bear, so I'm all good. I shared the Evernote blog entry as I thought it was interesting and something for you to add to your product roadmap for future consideration. :-)

As Bear gets more mature and you move from early adopter customers to mainstream customers, you may need to thinking about this type of ancillary support. :-)

Regards,

W

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 02 Mar, 2017 09:46 AM

May I ask how are your Bear templates structured and which use case they cover?
    I think templates are a really interesting pattern and we have integrated some version of them in our apps but, in same cases, they have not been really useful.

4. 4 Posted by wally_bear on 02 Mar, 2017 03:22 PM

I've attached the two templates I'm currently using. They are fairly simple. What I've done is that I've pinned these notes so they are always at the top and easy to find. I've also assigned them to a tag called templates. I've also added other tags for the categories they are frequently used in, e.g. telephone calls.

It's not the fanciest or most elegant way, but it's good enough for me at the moment. The biggest issues I run into with my templates are when performing searches. There isn't a way for me to easily tell which note have unchecked items (a feature that Evernote supports) or greater control with respects to tags, i.e. finding notes with no tags or bulk actions.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 03 Mar, 2017 10:39 AM

Hi,

Thank you very much for sharing your templates.

6. 6 Posted by sheeley on 11 May, 2018 07:50 PM

I'd LOVE to see templates, for a number of things. Stuff like journal entries, where I'd want to track a number of things:
    Emotion:
    Weight:
    Exercise:
    Water:
    Notes:

or 1:1s with people at work:

Topics to discuss:
    -

Verify from previous meeting:
    -

or reviews, or pretty much anything that I repeat regularly. :)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac