Search selected note on iOS

JC Russo

23 Feb, 2017 08:56 PM

Search is important for long notes. In Bear on macOS, cmd-F searches the selected note, and a search of all notes highlights hits in the selected note. On iOS, neither of these happens: cmd-F (with a Bluetooth keyboard) searches all notes, and while the matches are shown in the list of notes, they are not highlighted in the selected note. Am I missing something? Is there a way to search the selected note on iOS?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 24 Feb, 2017 09:25 AM

Hi,

no, there isn't a way to search within a note in iOS right now but, as you wrote, we get is an important feature and we'll work on that for the next updates.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by JC Russo on 24 Feb, 2017 09:41 AM

Thanks for the reply. Of the two, highlighting search hits is more important to me than having a way to search an individual note, although I would like to eventually see both.

3. 3 Posted by Jan on 05 Jul, 2017 02:54 AM

Seaching within individual notes on iOS is becoming more and more important to myself as I put more and more text into Bear. Would love to see this implemented!

It would also be great if this was integrated with the global search so if I search for a string “XX” and then click on a note in the results of that search, it would immediatelly take me to the place of first ocurrence of “XX” within that note and would allow me to jump quickly between occurrences.

4. 4 Posted by Joe Shapiro on 08 Oct, 2017 06:10 PM

Strong plus one. Agree with suggestion for global highlight to drill down into opened note

5. 5 Posted by steve on 09 Oct, 2017 10:23 AM

Strong +1 for searching within a note please.

6. 6 Posted by Ben on 12 Oct, 2017 03:46 PM

+1

7. 7 Posted by KJ on 09 Dec, 2017 09:00 PM

Bear has become an essential tool for my academic research. However, without the ability to search within individual notes on iOS, it is almost impossible to find a specific string of text in notes that are, quite literally, thousands of words long. Might any movement have been made on this feature request since Feb '17? I am sure that many in the academic community who must compose long notes would be ever grateful!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac