Option to Hide Preview Snippet from Notes Column

pauljmartinez

15 Feb, 2017 09:00 PM

Hi Team Bear,

I'm a paid subscriber to your awesome product and I'd like to make a request.

Could you provide a preference to hide the preview snippets from the Notes column? I've attached a screenshot for reference. The notes column would be easier to read for me if the snippets were hidden.

Thanks for a great product!
Paul

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 16 Feb, 2017 02:32 PM

Hi Paul,

yes, we want to provide some customization options for the notes list in the future releases, but I can't tell when will be available right now.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by dima on 21 Sep, 2017 05:58 PM

A big +1 for this feature. Taking notes on employees is hard to do with Bear as I worry they'll notice their names in the snippets while I'm showing them other notes.

3. 3 Posted by Chris Hancock on 01 Dec, 2017 04:43 PM

+1
    More specifically, I would like to opt out of including images in previews. Could be a global setting or per-note or per-image
    Also would dearly love to shrink the displayed size of images within notes.

4. 4 Posted by Chris Hancock on 01 Dec, 2017 04:48 PM

+1
    More specifically, I'd like to exclude images from note previews. Could be a global setting or per image.
    Would also love to be able to resize the displayed size of images within notes.
    To me that goes along with using a note as a place to stash something useful for later. It's useful to stash a hi res image, but preferable if it doesn't take over the whole note and break the flow of writing.

5. 5 Posted by Chris Redford on 12 Jan, 2018 03:44 PM

+1
    In addition to the other listed privacy benefits, which all apply to me, this provides quicker access to a longer list of notes in the Notes List column.

6. 6 Posted by m on 08 Mar, 2018 07:10 PM

+1
    Just switched from Simplenote, which has this (they finally adopted it from NValt). Must have this now.

7. 7 Posted by mss on 16 Mar, 2018 09:52 AM

+1 Would definitely be a good feature.

8. 8 Posted by Em on 13 Sep, 2018 01:27 AM

I'd also like this feature. I'd really like to hide the contents of certain notes from the main viewing screen. I suppose I could solve this just by rearranging everything to not appear by recently edited or pin enough notes at the top to hide everything else, but then that wouldn't help for notes that are fine showing up on the main page and need editing asap.

This feature would also help with decluttering the main viewing page. Sometimes I store notes that just have one file or image attached (for fast syncing between computer & phone), and I put them in the stacked tags, but then they busy up the main page. Hiding these sorts of notes would be a real boon to organization.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• 2017-02-15_at_12.56_PM.png 44.7 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac