Option to Hide Preview Snippet from Notes Column

pauljmartinez

15 Feb, 2017 09:00 PM

Hi Team Bear,

I'm a paid subscriber to your awesome product and I'd like to make a request.

Could you provide a preference to hide the preview snippets from the Notes column? I've attached a screenshot for reference. The notes column would be easier to read for me if the snippets were hidden.

Thanks for a great product!
Paul

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 16 Feb, 2017 02:32 PM

Hi Paul,

yes, we want to provide some customization options for the notes list in the future releases, but I can't tell when will be available right now.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by dima on 21 Sep, 2017 05:58 PM

A big +1 for this feature. Taking notes on employees is hard to do with Bear as I worry they'll notice their names in the snippets while I'm showing them other notes.

3. 3 Posted by Chris Hancock on 01 Dec, 2017 04:43 PM

+1
    More specifically, I would like to opt out of including images in previews. Could be a global setting or per-note or per-image
    Also would dearly love to shrink the displayed size of images within notes.

4. 4 Posted by Chris Hancock on 01 Dec, 2017 04:48 PM

+1
    More specifically, I'd like to exclude images from note previews. Could be a global setting or per image.
    Would also love to be able to resize the displayed size of images within notes.
    To me that goes along with using a note as a place to stash something useful for later. It's useful to stash a hi res image, but preferable if it doesn't take over the whole note and break the flow of writing.

5. 5 Posted by Chris Redford on 12 Jan, 2018 03:44 PM

+1
    In addition to the other listed privacy benefits, which all apply to me, this provides quicker access to a longer list of notes in the Notes List column.

6. 6 Posted by m on 08 Mar, 2018 07:10 PM

+1
    Just switched from Simplenote, which has this (they finally adopted it from NValt). Must have this now.

7. 7 Posted by mss on 16 Mar, 2018 09:52 AM

+1 Would definitely be a good feature.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• 2017-02-15_at_12.56_PM.png 44.7 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac