Bear Pro won't sync between iOS/Mac

Allen

05 Feb, 2017 02:40 AM

just purchased pro version, just to realized images and attachments won't sync between Mac and iOS.
Yes i did check icloud setting on both sides its enabled. please help.

1. 1 Posted by jim g on 05 Feb, 2017 07:50 AM

Hi Allen, I'm a fellow Bear user and thought I would try to help out. I've noticed syncing lags before, especially with notes that contain a lot of attachments and/or large attachments. So if you have tons of notes with attachments, this could explain the syncing delay. Inside the note, you should see the placeholder for the image or attachment. Do you? A slow internet connection would also slow syncing down. Try leaving Bear on the screen of your iOS device and in an open window on your mac. I'd also not let my mac go into sleep mode, and would set my iOS device's screen Auto-Lock to never, but that’s just me and may be unnecessary.

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by Bob on 11 Sep, 2017 12:23 AM

Do you have a VPN? I had to turn mine off to get the sync done. It did both text and photos afterwards

3. 3 Posted by jim g on 12 Sep, 2017 10:10 AM

Bob - I've never tried using Bear with my VPN, but I can certainly see how it would slow down syncing. My VPN slows my connection speeds down by 60% or more.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac