Chrome extension is not working

Jim

04 Feb, 2017 02:50 AM

By clicking the extension icon, the target site just simply get reloaded, Bear is not opened, nth happens :-(

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 05 Feb, 2017 01:53 PM

Hi Jim,

other user reported this problem but I'm not able to simulate the issue. If you reboot your Mac something change?

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Joe Dunn on 13 Mar, 2017 09:13 PM

also have this issue. rebooting mac doesn't change situation. removing and re-installing bear chrome extension doesn't change situation. removing evernote extension (just in case) doesn't change situation (I'm also using buffer, goodbits, soundcloud downloader, google hangouts extentions among others)

3. 3 Posted by robin wang on 14 Mar, 2017 02:33 AM

also had this problem0, has there anthing to do with the ad block extention? Or it only work on Mac? I'm using windows 10. But i suppose the chrome extension has to be working on chrome web bowser......so

4. 4 Posted by jim g on 14 Mar, 2017 02:55 PM

Hi Robin - I'm a fellow Bear user. My understanding is that the Bear extension can only pass the url/webpage directly to the local Bear app. That means the extension will only work on a Mac with Bear installed.

Jim

5. 5 Posted by Gregg on 15 Mar, 2017 06:50 PM

The Chrome extension stopped working for me today.

6. 6 Posted by Isk on 10 Apr, 2017 12:32 AM

The chrome extension got broken today. When I clicked on it, there was a pop-up asking if I would allow the extension to open the Bear app. However, I (stupidly) clicked on Deny.

Now, every time I click on the extension, the page simply reloads.

I've tried re-installing, but it doesn't work. Fix please?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 13 Apr, 2017 07:37 AM

@Isk I can't figure when the pop-up you are referring to appear in Chrome. Does anybody see this message?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac