Shared Notes / Tags

Ben Eckenroed

02 Feb, 2017 07:31 PM

I would love to see a feature of the pro version in the future to allow for sharing of notes. In my world, i was thinking of either (a) Static Link, meaning it would copy the note to the bear server, then allow the recipient of the link to load it as a new note in their bear with the same contents.

or (b) have a "shared note" where both users (or all users that are part of the sharing group) can read (or write if they have permission) and it's kept in sync across the devices.

and/or (c) a shared tag, similar to the above option, but on a tag level, so simply tagging something allows the note to inherit the permission of the tag.

This would be great for my office team to be able to share various code snippets and ideas from meetings.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 03 Feb, 2017 10:09 AM

Hi Ben,

Yes, we want to implement shared notes and our idea is almost identical to yours.

The sharing tag idea is interesting, definitely worth a shot.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by pollux314 on 04 Sep, 2017 08:00 PM

100% agree on both fronts. The shared tag concept would be similar to Evernote's shared Notebooks functionality.

A very common use-case: I would like to share development/education notes between my work and home computers. Since I use Bear for everything (journaling, personal finance, etc), I absolutely do not want my full personal account to live on a work machine, but would like to push work-related notes to my personal account without having to manually export or duplicate.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac