Bear on Apple Watch

Jan Fiedler

26 Jan, 2017 01:24 PM

Hi,

do you have any plans for Bear on Apple Watch?
It would be nice, if I could dictate a new bear note via my Apple Watch.

Jan

1. 1 Posted by Jan Fiedler on 26 Jan, 2017 01:28 PM

May be you can realise this by implementing a auto import functionality from the reminders app. So I can create reminders from my apple watch. Those reminders (a special reminders list) is automatically imported into bear. Each reminder is imported as a new note.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 27 Jan, 2017 02:19 PM

Hi Jan,

an Apple Watch app is not one of the most requested features so is not one of our priorities right now, but if more people request it we'll be glad to consider an Apple Watch app.

Cheers.

3. 3 Posted by Jim L on 26 Sep, 2017 02:11 PM

I think an apple watch app to transcribe notes would be awesome. Things on apple watch (a to-do app) does a really good job of allowing me to state a quick note and it automatically transcribes it into a task for me. I frequently have thoughts in the car and this is the only way I can capture them before they disappear.

4. 4 Posted by Alon on 04 Oct, 2017 05:30 AM

Hey guys, I too believe Apple Watch functionality would be awesome.

A native function would be great, because even sometimes on a run one comes up with certain thoughts and ideas, and it would be very useful to be able to jot them down and have them transferred to Bear once connected to WiFi.

If no Native functionality, even if one could dictate through Siri by saying “Hey, Siri, please make a bear note”

Dictate “plain text”
    Dictate: “To Do: clean car”
    Dictate: “List: 1, 2, 3,”

(But then I guess the Watch would need to be connected to your iPhone).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac