Syncing without iCloud Drive

Michael Pearson

26 Jan, 2017 02:36 AM

Hey!

I love the Bear app. It's been a great replacement for Evernote. I purchased the Pro update, and everything syncs well between my iPhone and iPad. However, I used Dropbox with symbolic links on my Mac. Because of the symlinks, iCloud Drive conflicts with Dropbox on my Mac, and Bear won't sync to my Mac. Is there anything I can do, short of removing my symlinks and enabling iCloud Drive? Do you have any plans to support syncing via Dropbox or some other service?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 26 Jan, 2017 10:11 AM

Hi Michael,

I suggest to ask to Dropbox or Apple about your symlinks problem, I'm afraid I can't help you.

We'll consider other forms of sync in the future but right now is not one of our priorities.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Greg Saxton on 06 Sep, 2017 11:58 PM

Hi there
    I also love the bear app and purchased pro so that I could sync between devices. It was syncing well between my iPhone and MacBook however my company made me install Jamf on my MacBook and within that install they have included a profile which restricts iCloud. Now I can't sync between devices and the value that bear gave me over other editors is now gone. I suspect that many organizations do the same things with people using MacBooks. Any way of getting this to sync via something other than iCloud?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 07 Sep, 2017 12:26 PM

I'm afraid iCloud is the only option available.

4. 4 Posted by Robert on 07 Sep, 2017 04:38 PM

I hope you will continue to support iCloud for synchronization. With a solution like Day One with its own cloud, the App Bear would be useless for me and I cancel the pro subscription.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac