Email to Bear

Edward Kaplan

18 Jan, 2017 03:10 PM

Is there a way to email a note to a Bear account? I've found that is an important part of my Evernote workflow.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 19 Jan, 2017 09:31 AM

Hi Edward,

is not possible to send a mail to an address and have a note appear in Bear, but you can use the MacOS service to send your mail text and images to Bear.app.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Steve Devine on 17 Jun, 2017 03:41 PM

This would be a huge enhancement as email-to-note is critical and often the only way to get a personal note uploaded from a locked down computer or from behind a corporate firewall which blocks uploads or access to online public file sharing services. Also, much of what I get that needs to be filled comes in via email and needs an easy way to move from email to my notes app. Evernote and other apps have had this for years.

3. 3 Posted by Sebastian on 26 Jun, 2017 01:52 AM

I agree, this would be super useful. I have to use a windows PC at work and just being able to send things I read to bear would be amazing.

4. 4 Posted by Brian on 12 Jul, 2017 01:43 PM

I also need this functionality. I love the Bear app but cannot fully switch over from Evernote until this is added.

5. 5 Posted by Ari on 30 Jul, 2017 03:47 AM

I agree: This would be SUPER useful (I use it all the time in evernote, and it is incredibly convenient).

6. 6 Posted by BJ on 31 Jul, 2017 05:39 PM

AGREED! MUST HAVE! Any Updates/ETA on this?

7. 7 Posted by brenton9 on 31 Jul, 2017 05:43 PM

Could DEFINITELY bridge gap to Windows when dealing with email on Windows PC, but Bear users primarily utilize iOS (iPhone/iPad).. Easy way to import!

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 01 Aug, 2017 08:01 AM

Hi Everybody,

with the actual structure is not possible to have this functionality, is virtually possible once we'll have a web version of Bear to catch mail and forward note to an iCloud account, but we still need to study if it's really possible.

Cheers.

9. 9 Posted by Dan on 17 Aug, 2017 09:53 AM

When this happens, its goodbye Evernote from me, and Hello Bear.

10. 10 Posted by kathleen on 31 Dec, 2017 01:57 PM

This email feature really needs to be included on this app or it can't begin to compete with Evernote!!

11. 11 Posted by Jeff on 03 Jan, 2018 03:19 AM

Ditto.

I use auto forwarding of certain keywords from gmail. This feature (or at least one that would work similar) is desperately needed.

12. 12 Posted by Andy on 03 Feb, 2018 08:35 PM

For me, email-generated entries was a game changer for Evernote as well as for Things (Cultured Code). It is fast becoming a baseline offering in subscription models, so please make it one of your development priorities.

13. 13 Posted by Roar on 11 Feb, 2018 02:58 PM

Hi, here is description and scripts to get emails to Bear with Zapier and python (Mac) or Workflow (iOS)

Bear Markdown and textbundle import – with tags from file and folder

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac