Any plans for a Google Drive export (or even better, sync)?

Robi

12 Jan, 2017 11:47 AM

Hi Bear Team,

Do you have any plans to propose a reliable Google Docs export? Or, even better, a way to sync some notes with a Google Docs document?
Here's my use case: I love the interface of the app and I really like using it. However, I have almost all my documents in Drive and I'd like to keep it that way (for organization and centralization purposes). So, it would be really great if there was a way to retrieve my Bear notes in Drive as well.

Thanks!

Robi

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 13 Jan, 2017 10:37 AM

Hi Robi,

You can export you notes as Docx and import them in Google docs, but there isn't a real sync.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by sebastien.robas... on 13 Jan, 2017 01:11 PM

Hi Danilo,

Thanks for your reply; any plans for a sync feature?

Cheers,

Robi

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 13 Jan, 2017 04:58 PM

Hi,

It's possible we'll add more sync options in the future and Google Drive is a possible solution but right now is not one of our priorities.

Cheers.

4. 4 Posted by Chx on 09 Mar, 2017 10:12 AM

+1 that'd be an amazing feature.

5. 5 Posted by Christoph on 22 Mar, 2017 11:24 AM

+1

6. 6 Posted by Amit Sharma on 22 Mar, 2017 02:07 PM

Google or Dropbox sync would be great! The lack of it is preventing me from viewing my work notes on my personal Mac / Phone.

7. 7 Posted by tom on 04 May, 2017 08:02 PM

I'd love this as well. I had moved over to Bear but we have new builds of macOS at work and use of iCloud Drive has been disabled.

8. 8 Posted by Will Jack on 19 Aug, 2017 06:33 PM

+1 to all of this

So many people I know don't use bear because it's cumbersome to use it for team work. Drive export or sync would help immensely with that.

9. 9 Posted by EK on 07 Oct, 2017 05:15 PM

Agree! +1

10. 10 Posted by KV on 21 Oct, 2017 04:03 PM

That would be amazing. I bring every single one of my notes into Google Drive from my phone but have to copy and paste it into gmail and it’s a pain.

11. 11 Posted by jewittm on 28 Oct, 2017 07:17 PM

A lot of small business people (like myself) use drive/dropbox as our file management system. I manually backup to google drive every session. Having the ability to automatically set a backup location inside google drive would be a huge time saver.

12. 12 Posted by Alexe on 04 Nov, 2017 03:28 PM

+1

Would make collaboration so much easier. + I can link Google Drive to my AirTable.

13. 13 Posted by Ko on 13 Nov, 2017 09:01 PM

I found having reference images or PDFs on Bear notes quickly eats up iCloud. I have no intention to purchase extra iCloud space because I just don’t use it for other third party apps. I use Google Drive, Dropbox and Amazon S3. I hope one or all of them to be added to the Bear sync option very soon.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac