Lost note

Soren Juhler

12 Jan, 2017 08:55 AM

Dear Bear

I have been using the Bear Pro for two months and were very satisfied - until yesterday. After 3 days work with lot's of notes for a novel, that I'm working on, the app hadn't done a sync and everything was lost. This is a disaster. For 3 days I had kept the app open om my Macbook Pro. I closed the app he day before yesterday, and when I wanted to continue my work last night, then there were only an old version of the note.
What can be wrong?

Regards
Soren Juhler,
Copenhagen, Denmark

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 15 Jan, 2017 04:18 PM

Hi Soren,

I'm trying to figure what can have gone wrong, but you are the first who report such problem. Is possible you have different Bear versions on your devices?

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Danny Casteen on 30 Jul, 2017 03:51 PM

I'm a second, many days of work, note gone.....

3. 3 Posted by Mike Varona on 12 Oct, 2017 09:04 PM

Iā€™m a third. This is super frustrating.

4. 4 Posted by BJones on 15 Oct, 2017 03:47 PM

I also lost work. Pretty much a disaster. Is there a way to recover if you're on Bear Pro?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 16 Oct, 2017 08:57 AM

Hi,

with version 1.3 / 1.3.1 we fixed a iOS 11 problem which is possibly the cause of partial note loss.

In some cases, when text or files are copied from another application to Bear, iOS 11 add little something called Null byte. This may cause the note to be trunked in correspondence to the byte. This has been reported to Apple and we developed a workaround for pasted and drag&dropped strings/files.

The fix in 1.3.x should avoid this problem, if you still experience data loss with this version please report it.

Cheers.

6. 6 Posted by Brienne Jones on 16 Oct, 2017 12:51 PM

Thanks Danilo,

I'm glad to know that you all have looked into the issue, and I appreciate your response.

However, with all due respect, I'm not keen to continue using or paying for a notes app if there's any risk of data loss with no means of recovering work.

Does this mean I can't get my lost note back, even through iCloud?

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 18 Oct, 2017 03:15 PM

Hi Brienne,

I'm afraid your note is most likely been saved without the part you are looking for, but you can check if and iCloud backup is available for your device and try to restore it.

Cheers.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ā†© Submit the comment

You can use Command āŒ˜ instead of Control ^ on Mac