Bear Mac OS Share Sheet support

smith.dean

12 Jan, 2017 04:14 AM

Is it likely that Share Sheet integration is coming any time soon for Bear? For example, being able to click the Share button in Preview so a PDF can be shared directly to Bear? This is an integral OS integration component and hopefully is on the radar?!

Cheers

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 13 Jan, 2017 09:45 AM

Hi Dean,

very few people requested the MacOS extension and we don't feel the necessity to do it right now. Also I think you can use Bear's service to achieve the same result.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by smith.dean on 14 Jan, 2017 02:31 AM

Hi Danilo. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated.

I appreciate the feedback and have just found reference to a few people requesting this in the Reddit forum so I have added my comments and reasoning to that threat just to record another interest in the feature. I hope you do eventually implement it in a future release ;-)

Cheers

3. 3 Posted by jim g on 14 Jan, 2017 09:31 AM

In Preview (and other Apple apps) there's a way to send the file to Bear without having to locate the file in Finder. Click on the file name at the top of the Preview window, then right click on the highlighted file name, choose Services, and then select Send to Bear.

4. 4 Posted by Prateek on 30 May, 2017 03:34 PM

+1 for this feature. I use Bear extensively for storing data/clipping pages - and for anything other than a browser (twitter/tweetbot, reeder/readkit/feedly) I need to use a workaround of opening it in Safari and then using the web clipper.

5. 5 Posted by Craig on 08 Jun, 2017 05:37 PM

Another +1 for this feature. As a developer, this is super easy to implement and offers sooo much functionality including Safari share support w/o requiring users to install a browser extension. This is low hanging fruit. Just do it.

6. 6 Posted by Graham on 30 Aug, 2017 12:11 PM

Another +1 please. I would use this feature extensively from a number of apps on my Mac - Newton, Notes, Ulysses, Things, Devonthink Pro Office, and others. Please can we have it :)

7. 7 Posted by Priit on 07 Sep, 2017 04:32 PM

Another +1 from me. You've done excellent share sheet in iOS and i'm posting links to Bear from Safari on macOS every day. It would be a lot easier with the share sheet.

8. 8 Posted by Robert on 07 Sep, 2017 04:37 PM

9. 9 Posted by Robert on 07 Sep, 2017 04:42 PM

sorry, please delete my last reply, wrong post ;-)

10. 10 Posted by Peter Cuce on 13 Sep, 2017 05:00 PM

I was just trying to share from Things to Bear and was surprised to not find it in the list of available apps. Please make it happen!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac