Auto-completing tags

jeff.covey

11 Jan, 2017 02:22 AM

I've been enjoying working with Bear. It's a beautiful app. One thing that seems to be missing is the ability to auto-complete tags as I'm typing. I had hoped that typing the pound sign and the beginning of a tag, then hitting tab would give me the option to complete it with matches from my existing tags. Is there no way to have Bear offer completions? It seems unnecessary and error-prone to type tags in full each time, especially when you have long nested tags.

Thanks very much,
Jeff

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. Support Staff 31 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 11 Oct, 2017 08:11 AM

I think there is a little mistake by Mark here, tag autocompletion will be available with the next major update (after 1.3).

I'm personally really sorry for not providing tag autocompletion sooner and giving a very wrong ETA, but a lot of little technical things delayed the development of this very required feature.

2. 32 Posted by Brian Swichkow on 11 Oct, 2017 03:27 PM

Happy to hear that it's on the way! Can you give a more accurate ETA now?

3. Support Staff 33 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 15 Oct, 2017 04:26 PM

Not really, because a lot has to be tested, but our goal is to ship it with the next major release in November.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac