Encryption support

Adam

06 Jan, 2017 06:57 PM

It would be nice if Bear had gpg support if the user has GPG tools (https://gpgtools.org/) installed. That way if I wanted to encrypt a note to myself I could just say I want the note encrypted. You could provide an interface for searching that allowed to "include encrypted notes" and would prompt for the gpg key password. You could expand the feature to include encrypting notes to other people in your keychain.

1. 1 Posted by Martijn on 06 Jan, 2017 11:18 PM

Some sort of end-to-end encryption would be a really helpful feature! Almost no other notes app has it...

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 09 Jan, 2017 08:23 AM

Hi Adam,

in the future we want to provide a way to "lock" the notes with a password or touchid.

Cheers.

3. 3 Posted by Gilbert on 25 Apr, 2017 12:08 PM

This is a pretty critical feature, pretty shocked just now to see it's not supported. I am now contemplating switching back to Evernote.

4. 4 Posted by Dorian on 19 Jul, 2017 05:52 PM

+1 for real encryption (not just passcode lock - which is also not available right now)

5. 5 Posted by Jonathan on 14 Aug, 2017 11:20 PM

+1. The lack of end-to-end encryption is the only thing keeping me from subscribing right now.

6. 6 Posted by Danny on 10 Oct, 2017 10:15 PM

full and strong encryption for all data and i'm subscribing.

7. 7 Posted by Dan on 10 Oct, 2017 11:15 PM

Currently subscribing. I have a handful of notes that I have to keep on Apple notes because Bear doesn't have a password protected encryption feature.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac