Collapsible sections in notes

Mike Li

01 Jan, 2017 04:19 PM

HIya

I was wondering if there will be any possibility to bring collapsible section/code folding to bear?
Or perhaps a means to navigte through the h1/h2/h3 sections to jump between headers in longer notes?

Ive decided to get organised this year, and with evernotes demise, I thought Id take a look at bear. Im loving it so far, but was wondering what the roadmap is for this app and if those features are being considered?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 02 Jan, 2017 01:30 PM

Hi Mike,

Bear's folding options are limited to todo's right now, but in the future we'll extend them and add a Table Of Content functionality to navigate headers.

There isn't a roadmap yet, but I think we'll add it sooner or later.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Mike on 02 Jan, 2017 02:51 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply, I look forward to more exciting Bear developments in 2017! 

Is there a proper channel for feature requests and so on? It seems like theres a fair bit on your subreddit, or if I do have request should I make them there?

I had another question, the “share in imessage”. I cant quite seem to understand what exactly goes into it, sometimes its just the picture, sometimes its partial text in the note. What is this share action meant to do? Would it be better if it shared something like a html rendering by default/ something an imessages extension part of the app could read?

Thanks again

-- 
    Mike Li

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 02 Jan, 2017 04:00 PM

I think the subreddit and here are the best places to propose a feature.

About iMessage, the target app of a sharing action decide if taking files or text from what Bear pass to them, this is a limitation of the iOS sharing imo. Also an html redering will not include the images/files.

Cheers.

4. 4 Posted by Nikolay on 24 May, 2018 04:02 PM

+1 for collapsible sections of the note, really useful stuff.

5. 5 Posted by Ed on 08 Jun, 2018 12:15 AM

+2 for collapsible sections using headers

6. 6 Posted by Josh on 18 Jul, 2018 07:20 PM

+1 bump this.

I love Bear for note-taking...which sometimes blends into outlining. Would be great to be able to expand/collapse 'level 1' ideas, 'level 1 + 2' ideas, etc.

thanks for the app!

7. 7 Posted by Lacey on 10 Aug, 2018 01:37 PM

+1 for collapsible sections using headers

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac