Tell Bear to stop recognizing certain text as a hyperlink?

Lisa

12 Sep, 2016 07:29 PM

I often use bear for drafting text before I drop it in its final home (like a web page or shared document). Sometimes, the things I writing include addresses and/or URL; for example, I'm writing invitation text right now, which has both. Unfortunately, Bear these into links — and I keep inadvertently clicking on them, which always opens a pop-up and an app, that I then have to close.

I would love to have a way to right-click on a URL, address, or anything else that Bear automatically turned into a hypertext and say, "This is not a link." Email apps and Google Docs have this ability.

Alternatively, I'd like the ability to tell Bear, "Please don't look for hypertext in this given note."

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 13 Sep, 2016 07:34 AM

Hi Lisa,

if I understand correctly, you don't want URLs to turn into markdown links, you can check Bear preferences and disable "Auto fill title when pasting web address".

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Raul on 03 Nov, 2017 07:47 PM

Turning off "Auto file title when pasting web addresses" did not work. Even stopping closing the app and restarting it.

3. 3 Posted by bobinnv on 04 Nov, 2017 04:57 PM

I have a similar issue - I have a list in the form "date first initial last name, zip code" and for some reason one item gets underlined with the little map icon put in front of it, and clicking on it brings up a map with some components of the item - it would be great if there was a way to tell Bear not to attempt to find any links or URLs

4. 4 Posted by jm on 14 Nov, 2017 01:03 PM

Ditto. This is incredibly irritating. I’m composing (on ipad) text to send for a print publication. This includes an address and Bear auto adds a little location icon and hot links the address. I have to instruct the printer to ignore the icon and link underlining. It’s impossible to remove the icon or hotlink, and additionally whenever I touch the text it opens Apple maps, which wastes time and makes it harder to edit the text.

Separately, the Setting toggle shown by Danilo is not available on the iPad version.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac