Any plans to release Bear on PC?

Jeff

28 Dec, 2016 03:55 PM

I love it on Mac and iPhone, but we have PCs at work.

Any plans on releasing one for PC?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 02 Jan, 2017 02:22 PM

Hi Jeff,

our next big step is realising a web version of Bear, next to that we'll consider developing an Android or Window version.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Jeff on 02 Jan, 2017 07:26 PM

Awesome! Web version would be good enough for me. Thanks!

3. 3 Posted by gareiz on 03 Jan, 2017 08:18 AM

Is the web version just only for Bear Pro user?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 03 Jan, 2017 11:45 AM

@gareiz is soon to say it but I'm 90% sure it will be.

5. 5 Posted by Switching soon, on 05 Mar, 2017 03:42 PM

As soon as you guys develop a web version for PC that I can link to my iPad and iPhone, I'm switching from Evernote to Bear. HOPFULLY Soon?

6. 6 Posted by Jeremy on 21 Sep, 2017 09:31 PM

ditto.. I use bear at home and on the ipad/iphone but soon as i can do it on web..im all in.. that way i can use at work.

7. 7 Posted by kyle on 21 Sep, 2017 09:37 PM

100%. Pc or web based app is gonna be the turning point for me to use this exclusively over everything else. 

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

ditto.. I use bear at home and on the ipad/iphone but soon as i can do it on web..im all in.. that way i can use at work.

On Sun, Mar 05 at 07:42 AM PST, Switching soon, wrote:

As soon as you guys develop a web version for PC that I can link to my iPad and iPhone, I'm switching from Evernote to Bear. HOPFULLY Soon?

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Any plans to release Bear on PC?.

To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://help.shinyfrog.net, visit this page

pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }
  8. 8 Posted by Nick on 19 Dec, 2017 11:45 PM

I’m a pro user using an iPad and an iPhone, but really, really, really need a PC web version for work. It was mentioned 11 months ago that this was Bear’s next big project. Any updates or ETA? Its been almost one year.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 20 Dec, 2017 10:15 AM

Hi Nick,

we have suspended the development of the web version during the summer to focus on making the apps work with the iOS/MacOS updates. We currently developing the web version but more time will be required. I hope to have something to show by before summer 2018.

Cheers.

10. 10 Posted by Daniel Wynkoop on 01 Aug, 2018 11:23 PM

Any update on this?

11. 11 Posted by Simon on 02 Aug, 2018 07:05 AM

Love Bear but really appreciate this web version so I can use at work too...
    Like Daniel said, any update on this?

12. 12 Posted by Laura on 06 Aug, 2018 02:34 PM

Any updates? Would love to be able to access Bear @ work.

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 07 Aug, 2018 09:51 AM

Hi,

we are still working on releasing the web version but we want to joint the release of this version with a huge editor update on all the platforms and this will require more developing time.

The idea of the new parser/editor is to get a more markdown-ish approach and support for more standard MD and multimarkdown/github markers. In order to not having to implement the web editor two times, we are currently developing it with the new parser support.

Cheers.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac