Support for Quick Look

Wesley B

23 Dec, 2016 08:45 PM

On macOS, a user can press the space bar on a highlighted item in the file system to obtain a preview of the contents of that item. Markdown documents, before installation of Bear, have a blank file icon as preview content. Markdown documents use TextEdit rendering as Quick Look content. If Bear extends Quick Look support, users can benefit from Bear's rendering without importing a file.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 28 Dec, 2016 01:23 PM

Hi Wesley,

we never tough about a QuickLook integration, and it is interesting, but right now we have a very large amount of feature we want to focus on.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Beer on 19 Jun, 2018 01:23 PM

Is there an update on this? From time to time I have to export my Bear project notes to a GitHub Repo. I'd like to open/preview those .md files with Bear again.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 20 Jun, 2018 08:10 AM

Hi,

we address this for next major release (1.6), we still have some minor technical problems but we are confident we can find a way to work around them.

Cheers.

4. 4 Posted by Beer on 21 Jun, 2018 10:19 PM

Great, you can do it!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac