Support for LaTeX for mathematical equations

Michael Diolosa

17 Dec, 2016 02:26 AM

I've been migrating my notes from Ulysses over to Bear and have noticed there is no support (that I could find) for displaying mathematical equations using LaTeX. This is a feature supported by Ulysses, and as a software engineer that works with AI and machine learning, it would be great to be able to see some of my algorithms' equations within my notes in the way I can in Ulysses:

https://ulyssesapp.com/blog/2016/11/eline-explains-5/

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by John on 25 Oct, 2017 08:24 PM

+1
    LaTeX please.

2. 32 Posted by Kihyuk Hong on 05 Nov, 2017 03:41 PM

+1

3. 33 Posted by Lei on 05 Nov, 2017 07:49 PM

Hi, are you still working on the latex feature? Latex feature could be a huge help for academic users.

4. 34 Posted by Andreas Kraemer on 30 Nov, 2017 06:12 PM

+1 please, please add LaTeX and it will be perfect!

5. 35 Posted by Kent Andersson on 04 Dec, 2017 10:26 AM

Please add LaTex. It is a great feature. LaTex is usel by many scientists to produce papers - LaTeX/TeX is the only way to make correctly typeset equations suitable for publication. In Apple's Pages you can 'Insert Equation', where you edit LaTex code (e.g. \theta_{1} ) in a dialog box, the code is rendered as typeset text in the document when you close the dialog box. Word has an equation editor, FrameMaker likewise - but LaTeX is superior.

To compete with Pages (and stand-alone LaTex) for scientists, LaTeX is a crucial feature. LaTex is open source covered by LPPL license (https://www.latex-project.org). Since Apple ships it with Pages, it should be possible for Bear to ship it similarly as well.

6. 36 Posted by David Muhr on 08 Dec, 2017 06:49 AM

+1 please please please. It would make Bear perfect!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac