Share note through URL

Jonas

07 Dec, 2016 10:07 AM

I'm a new Bear user and considering to leave Evernote to completely go over to Bear.

One feature I miss however is the ability to share a note through a URL, like Evernote does it.

Do you plan to implement this feature?

Regards,
Jonas

1. 1 Posted by jim g on 07 Dec, 2016 10:20 AM

You are able to share a note through a URL, both within the app and externally. See this from the FAQ:

"Linking using permanent URL
    You can get link to the note by right clicking a note in the Note List, using the Copy Link To Note menu item and pasting the Note Link in another note. You can also copy a Note Link from the Information Pane. On iOS you can access to the same functionality by sliding a note inside the Note List and tapping More. Note Links can also be used to reference Bear notes from an external application."

2. 2 Posted by Jonas on 07 Dec, 2016 10:24 AM

Thank you. I was referring to an URL that would allow people who don't use Bear to access a given note with their browser. I didn't see this functionality in Bear yet, but maybe there is a plan to offer it in the future?

3. 3 Posted by jim g on 07 Dec, 2016 10:40 AM

Jonas, I'm sorry. I thought the link would allow for that, but I was wrong.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 08 Dec, 2016 04:32 PM

Hi,

right now is not possible to share the notes online with other people, but we have plans about that.

Cheers.

5. 5 Posted by Jørgen on 15 Jun, 2017 09:01 PM

Any updates? This ID a must-have-feature for me so I dont have to export and Upload everytime I Edit a shared note

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 17 Jun, 2017 06:09 AM

Hi Jørgen,

no, I don't updates to share about this feature right now.

7. 7 Posted by Jason on 26 Aug, 2017 02:53 AM

I don't see the copy note link option in the information pane. How to fix this?

8. 8 Posted by Jason on 26 Aug, 2017 05:24 AM

I should add that the copy note link option is missing in the MacOS information pane.

9. 9 Posted by jim g on 26 Aug, 2017 08:56 AM

Jason - you may be referring to my post of December 7 where I mentioned you could copy the note link from the Info Panel. Unless I'm totally nuts, there was a way to do it at that time, but no longer. You can still right click on the note in the Notes List or use Note>Copy Link To Note in the menu. On iOS, you swipe left on the note in the Notes List>More>Copy link. Same as macOS, there isn't a way to copy the note link from the info panel.

Jim

10. 10 Posted by Jonas Lismont on 26 Aug, 2017 08:58 AM

— Jonas Lismont +32 485 73 61 51

11. 11 Posted by jagsmith7 on 26 Aug, 2017 08:58 AM

Actually, I’m watching Screencasts Online, where that feature is present. Must have been recorded in the past. I’m okay with right clicking.

Thanks,
    Jason

12. 12 Posted by Chris Dahl on 18 Jan, 2018 12:56 AM

For the way I use Bear, this is a big missing link. Because there's no sharing at the moment through a URL, my process is:

1. Create content in Bear.
    2. Once I'm happy with it, copy/paste into a new Google Doc.
    3. Share with colleagues who need to see it.
    4. Delete from Bear.

13. 13 Posted by Roar on 18 Jan, 2018 12:31 PM

That's a feature I'm missing as well, please count my vote.
    1. Created content in Bear.
    2. Copy/Pasted as markdown into Simplenote.
    3. Published with shared link in Simplenote. Great clean "hidden" feature. No images though.
    But ended up making a Workflow to publish directly to a free WP.com blog instead.
    Google docs seems to be a good workaround for this as well, will test that.

14. 14 Posted by Evan on 16 Mar, 2018 06:28 AM

Yeah this is a dealbreaker for me. I'm sorry but you want me to share an HTML file instead of just sending them a link? That's just not how it's done. Spam issues for one but also version control is a nightmare. It's like pre-dropbox 2007.

Until this gets added I'll still with Evernote. Ill go with bloated instead of "pretty, but dumb"

15. 15 Posted by Michael Hyatt on 17 Jul, 2018 11:22 PM

Unfortunately, it's a deal-breaker for me, too.

16. 16 Posted by Tony on 15 Aug, 2018 12:47 AM

It is pretty strange that URL share is a missing feature. It's one thing that keeps me from using Bear for any work related stuff. I have to keep it all personal, which stinks.

17. 17 Posted by Aleksey on 26 Sep, 2018 02:04 PM

Unil that will done its no way to pay money for Bear. Its Evernote killer funtion. The ine and only killer function but anyway it is. Add it to Bear (html files its 2000 style) and i wil pay for Pro and will delete Evernote in one minute

Cmon, you told us about plans with url sharing in 2016. 2 years ago.

18. 18 Posted by Chris Burbridge on 06 Oct, 2018 10:33 PM

I am love with Bear anyway, but I am hitting the limitation of not having the ability to link from outside into Bear via a URL.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac