Bear for Android

Swagatika

30 Nov, 2016 02:59 AM

Hi,

I really love your app. It's exactly what I've been looking for. I was wondering if you were going to come out with an Android version? I'd really like to sync all my notes with all my devices.

Thank you!

Showing page 4 out of 4. View the first page

1. 91 Posted by +1 For Android on 16 Feb, 2018 10:11 PM

+1 For Bear on Android. In my opinion the iPhone is just not keeping up with android phones on the market such as the Pixel 2. The question was asking if Bear was going to come to Android and was not a place for people to start arguing about how ‘their’ operating system was better than another. Anyways, I would love bear on Android as well as a web application!

2. 92 Posted by sergio on 20 Feb, 2018 08:30 AM

I agree with many of the comments. An Android app is fundamental, many people use mac and android and the fact that we won't be able to sync notes between devices (as there's no Android app) is the reason why many people is not subscribing to your pro service.

The fact that you guys are developing a web version and that is suppose to "work for the Android users" is just ridiculous. Although a web version would be handy for other platforms (like windows or linux), the fact that you are not just loosing the android market share of users but the interception of those that are already using your app on Mac or for iPad is just unbelievable.

3. 93 Posted by Joshua on 27 Feb, 2018 02:55 PM

I would also love a native Android version of Bear.

4. 94 Posted by Ville on 28 Feb, 2018 06:12 PM

I've long been using InfoSelect (an old Windows app for storing configuration data, technical notes, etc.), and have been on a long quest to find a online-syncable replacement for it. Bear seems like it would work, but.. no Android version :( ... I'm mixed user.. macOS, Android, Windows, and while my desktop computer use is transitioning more and more to Mac, switching my phone to an iPhone would be more challenging. So, an Android version would be awesome to have; I would subscribe if one existed!! :-)

5. 95 Posted by Ville on 28 Feb, 2018 06:15 PM

(continued..)

I noticed you had mentioned on Reddit some months ago that you're considering a web version development first. That would be great, in fact, it would be preferable first over an Android version as it would allow access to the data also on Windows and Linux Desktops as needed!

6. 96 Posted by Artem on 18 Apr, 2018 12:48 PM

+1 for Android

7. 97 Posted by jucho on 27 Apr, 2018 11:49 PM

+1 for Android. So many people use Android devices. The Mac app is really a good work but it's very a mess if there is no Android app to get and synchronize his notes. Honestly this is the main reason why I didn't subscribe. If you provide an Android app one day (and I hope it!) I'll subscribe.

8. 98 Posted by Moe Hasafa on 30 Apr, 2018 10:38 PM

+1 for Android version, I. Have an android phone and an Ipad, so there is no incentive for me to subscribe, I would do it in a heartbeat if I can access my notes using multiple platforms.

9. 99 Posted by frnkr on 16 May, 2018 05:46 AM

Ppl here seems to confuse two things: their preference vs. shiny frog business preference i.e. Android market most probably is not worth the hustle it brings.

The Android market is highly fragmented and one cannot simply serve the market easily. Small teams are better of staying in Apple ecosystem and maybe build a web version.

That said, my stack consists of MBP13TB, Huawei Mate 9, iPad Air and would really really like to have AndroidBear but as an entrepreneur I've grown to understand that business for most apps works only in Apple ecosystem.

My solution? I'm gonna switch to iPhone when the next models come out as the next iteration is most probably good enough hardware to buy. It's actually amazing how long it took for Apple to get a decent phone out 

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac