Bear support for saved search?

Steven Shao

29 Nov, 2016 12:10 AM

Will bear support saved search in the future?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 29 Nov, 2016 09:36 AM

Hi Steven,

we want to extend the sidebar functionalities but we have not considered any saved search functionality right now. If more people request we'll be glad to consider them.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by clayton on 03 Jan, 2017 08:41 PM

I would like this, as well. I used saved searches extensively in Evernote, before I switched to Bear.

3. 3 Posted by Brian on 04 Jan, 2017 01:10 PM

Please make Saved Search a priority in future upgrades. That functionality should be added to Bear Pro as soon as possible.

4. 4 Posted by Ryan on 13 Jan, 2017 07:47 PM

+1

5. 5 Posted by Łukasz Langa on 29 Jan, 2017 08:43 PM

Saved Searches and filtering (negative searches) would make the application way more powerful.

Now the default lists for notes are just Notes and Trash. If we could save searches, you could provide users with some defaults like Untagged, With Images, etc. to showcase advanced search.

Filtering (for instance by using the exclamation mark or minus before the search term) would make the syntax easier to remember. Now you need to have @tagged and @untagged, but you have @done and @todo.

Some examples how all this would be useful:

• Tagged With Images: @tagged @images
    • Untagged With Files: -@tagged @files
    • Done Tasks: @done
    • Todo: -@done
    • Memorable Quotes: #quotes
    • Memorable Quotes from Movies: #quotes #movies
    • Memorable Quotes except Movies: #quotes -#movies

You could keep @untagged and @todo for backwards compatibility but you get the point.

6. 6 Posted by Bryan K on 18 Jul, 2017 06:18 AM

+1 to the above. I definitely want to see Bear stay focused and stick to features that enhance the existing experience vs adding tons of new features. Saving searches and generally improving filtering fits the bill in my mind. Given I am importing a substantial number of notes, and filtering to the right set rapidly is one of the few things I currently struggle with, Saved Searches is my #1 request.

7. 7 Posted by Joe on 17 Aug, 2017 03:21 AM

This would be a great enhancement. Really want to cancel Evernote and that would seal the deal. Any update?

8. 8 Posted by Thomas on 17 Aug, 2017 07:09 AM

The lack of saved/pinned searches is the single thing that keeps me from switching from Evernote.

While I very much like the minimalist tags-only organisational philosophy (and am happy to use tags to, e.g., simulate folders), navigation using only the list of single tags or the search box becomes cumbersome when you have a large number of notes and tags. I'm just not going to type in long combinations of tags every time.

Just a promise of this feature appearing on the horizon would make me switch.

9. 9 Posted by Norm on 19 Aug, 2017 10:57 PM

Kind of a hacky workaround in the meantime, but you could use TextExpander (if you have the it) to create snippets containing your saved search, then just type the shortcut you created into the Bear search field.

10. 10 Posted by Martin on 09 Nov, 2017 09:21 AM

I'd love to see this feature as well, it'd make things much easier.

11. 11 Posted by motin on 20 Nov, 2017 11:30 PM

Cross-referencing from http://help.shinyfrog.net/discussions/bear/7687-bear-ios-saved-searches-cant-delete-from-search-results-breadcrumbs here:

Support staff wrote on Jan 31, 2017 @ 11:36 AM:
    "We have plans to allow special searches in the sidebar."

... but could we have any update as to when those plans are to be executed?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac