Locked notes

Paul

19 Nov, 2016 06:58 PM

I want to use Bear as a journal of sorts. Is there a way I'm not seeing to lock my notes? If not, this is an official feature request. Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 20 Nov, 2016 01:56 PM

Hi Paul,

TouchId/Password protection is one of the most requested features right now and on top of our priorities.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Paul Achuff on 21 Nov, 2016 06:58 PM

Any idea on a time frame when this feature will be added?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 22 Nov, 2016 08:32 AM

Hi Paul,

We'll ship a new release this week with 7 localisations, after that we'll start working on the new features, I can't tell right now but it's on top of our priorities.

Cheers.

4. 4 Posted by Ben on 11 Oct, 2017 11:00 PM

Guys , love your app but I can’t seriously use it as my main notes app if you don’t support locked notes via TouchID, or password. Come on notes by their nature contain your most sensitive data , I need to be able to be able to secure certain notes , Apple Notes, One Note , Evernote, NoteBook, etc all have this . Please sort it out. Thanks

5. 5 Posted by Pablo on 07 Jun, 2018 03:04 PM

Completely agree, some of the most common sense features of a competent note taking app would be to have the ability to LOCK notes. So far it's NOT possible to lock notes.
    Also, Bear notes lack the ability to easily create folders which really makes me sad.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 07 Jun, 2018 04:26 PM

Hi,

I've lost count of the threads about note locking, so you may not be aware is our intention to ship note locking as the major feature of version 1.6.

Cheers.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac