Feature request: Wordpress / medium publish

Salaboy

19 Nov, 2016 10:36 AM

Hi there, it will be great to have a way to publish your notes as blogposts on medium/wordpress/blogger. I love to use the app to write my notes and blog posts, but then it is a pain to copy and paste the content to different blogging platforms.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 10 Dec, 2016 02:25 PM

Hi,

we have yet to consider a publish feature, mostly because right now we have other priorities, but I think some sort of Medium/Wordpress integration will be available in the future.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by kim.aldis on 11 Dec, 2016 11:27 AM

I'm going to look at this. I've recently finished working on something that uses php to publish posts to Wordpress. I figured I could probably use x-callback-urls for this. It might be little rough but I don't think it would be hard.

3. 3 Posted by Robert on 12 Dec, 2016 08:45 PM

+1 on publishing features. Medium.com and bold.io.

4. 4 Posted by Diana on 03 Jan, 2017 02:11 AM

Hello! I'm currently deciding between Bear and Ulysses, and right now the dealbreaker is Ulysses's ability to push to Wordpress. If you were able to build that functionality, it would seal the deal!

5. 5 Posted by Andrew Bucknell on 19 Feb, 2017 02:14 PM

Wait you dont have an option to upload to wordpress? I should have read the box more carefully - totally disappointed.

6. 6 Posted by srikat on 09 Mar, 2017 09:31 AM

+1 for publishing to WordPress.

7. 7 Posted by Zac on 11 Mar, 2017 03:02 PM

+1 for export to WordPress.

Bear looks nice. I like your financial model. But I'm using Ulysses until you have better export capabilities.

8. 8 Posted by Scot Krueger on 12 Mar, 2017 03:51 AM

This program would be really awesome if it could just export to WordPress. Ulysses and ByWord both have that functionality. I love the design of Bear, but this is becoming a deal breaker for me.

9. 9 Posted by Zenhustle on 24 Mar, 2017 01:15 AM

+1 for publish to WordPress & Medium.

Great work so far, Shiny Frog team!

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 24 Mar, 2017 09:46 AM

Thank you very much.

Is not a Bear's function, but with Quadro is now possible to share bear notes with Medium and Wordpress.

http://quadro.me/themes/unleash-the-bear

11. 11 Posted by srikat on 26 Apr, 2017 08:47 AM

I gave Quadro a try and it's very convoluted to set up and use. Also it wasn't taking the title from Bear note and I had to manually enter it, finally the actually publishing to WP didn't go through.

If you can kindly prioritize publishing to WP, it will be helpful to many.

12. 12 Posted by Zach on 02 Jun, 2017 11:22 AM

I second/third/fourth publishing to Medium. Markdown > Medium would be INCREDIBLE. Especially if it had image support. This is one strength of iA Writer that, would Bear develop it, would make it easier to make a full switch.

13. 13 Posted by clarer.suereth on 24 Jun, 2017 11:11 AM

If this feature becomes available, I would love to know about it!
    +1 for the publish to WordPress. I looked for it in the "Share to" list, but it wasn't listed under my extensions. I don't even know if that's possible.

14. 14 Posted by Alex Beck on 20 Jul, 2017 04:35 AM

+1 for export to blog. Then bear would be perfect!!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac