Define themes in Bear Pro

Tim Cahill

18 Nov, 2016 07:36 PM

Hi!

First off, I want to thank you for creating a truly wonderful application. Even as a 1.0 app, this seems incredibly well polished and hits the perfect blend of features and minimalism.

The only ask that I have right now is to let users define themes for Bear Pro. This not a deal breaker by any means, but tools like Atom are great at letting users create themes and tweak them.

If not possible, I'd love for the Red Graphite and Charcoal themes to be combined (Red Charcoal?). I love the clean red accents but would love it on a darker background.

Again, thank you for what you have created! I'm working on convincing my co-workers to switch over from Evernote + Alternote.

Cheers,

Tim

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 18 Nov, 2016 08:47 PM

Hi Tim,

we have an internal tool for creating Bear themes, but is not ready for the masses :) and we need to work on a themes sync/share to make the whole thing works also on iOS.

If you want to submit a theme we'll be happy to consider it for next releases. Just send me screenshot, a sketch/psd file a link etc...

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Tim Cahill on 21 Nov, 2016 03:47 PM

Awesome! I’ll mock something up and send it over.

Thanks for making a great product!

Tim

--
    Tim Cahill
    Certified Scrum Master

3. 3 Posted by Jose Pajares on 04 Dec, 2016 05:12 PM

+1 for user defined themes. Meanwhile a more contrasted light theme with text in black (not grey) and links in blue will be nice.

4. 4 Posted by Zach Devore on 01 Mar, 2018 09:27 PM

+1 for this. Even a slightly simpler implementation would help alot. For example I really enjoy the charcoal theme, but if I could adjust header and link colors that would be greatly effective.

5. 5 Posted by Peter on 27 Jul, 2018 11:44 AM

+1 for user defined themes.
    I would like more space between the headlines and the previous paragraphs. The space below is fine but there is no extra space above. I am using the Toothpaste theme.

Also it is very hard to see what theme is selected in settings/theme.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac