Bear Writer to windows and also web vesion?

Jostein

15 Nov, 2016 05:21 PM

Hi. Will there be a bear writer for windows users in the future? As well as an online version?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 18 Nov, 2016 11:33 AM

Hi Jostein,

we have plans for a web version but not for a windows one at the moment.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Mike on 20 Nov, 2016 09:02 PM

Is there any approximate time line for a web version, and maybe a re thought of the PC version.

3. 3 Posted by Kevin on 21 Nov, 2016 02:19 AM

When would the timeframe be for the web version?

4. 4 Posted by Tom on 21 Nov, 2016 08:54 AM

+1 for the web version. Use Windows regularly at work so I need either a web or windows version to justify the cost. How little it may be.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 21 Nov, 2016 09:02 AM

Hello,

the web version will take a lot of time and work before being ready. We can't tell right now when it will be available.

Cheers.

6. 6 Posted by Bob Stolk on 09 Apr, 2017 03:58 PM

Any progress on the web version already?

7. 7 Posted by Alan on 10 Apr, 2017 10:24 PM

Definitely +1 for the web version.

Like many people, I use Apple devices for everything but my work laptop. Bear lends itself really well for capturing thoughts whenever I am, but the workflow sort of breaks down trying to get the notes onto my windows machine.

Great app, though! I couldn't be happier with it.

8. 8 Posted by Dmitry on 11 Apr, 2017 10:27 AM

To be honest I would switch from evernote / apple notes to bear if you would provide windows version. I use mac and iphone as personal devices, but at work I use win workstation. Currently use-case for bear even worse than for icloud notes - those have at least web-version (although for obvious reasons UX is worse than native application)

9. 9 Posted by Arthur on 20 Apr, 2017 05:54 AM

Definitely +1 for the web version!
    Due to my company do not provide Mac as my work station, but I am a Bear pro user. I like this app so much. But I can only use Dynalist web version as my note-taking tool at work, instead of Bear........

10. 10 Posted by Flo on 23 Apr, 2017 09:32 PM

Unfortunately - in today's world, you need to be able to support more than the Mac environment. I have multiple devices (e.g. Surface Pro, iPhone, MacBook and Dell Laptop). Most folks mix business and personal note taking applications.

I can confirm that our company has removed Bear from the downselect option because its lack of support for PC or a Web Version that can be efficiently used on the web. Many options exist, getting a quality product to market that serves more than a the current niche will be key in determining whether bear survivies

11. 11 Posted by ab on 02 May, 2017 07:40 AM

it would be very helpful if you could provide a rough timeline for the release of a web version of bear notes. this will help me decide whether or not to switch to another notes app which supports both mac and windows. thanks.

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 02 May, 2017 08:32 AM

Hi Ab,

In our plans, the web version will be available by the end of 2017 or the begin of 2018 ( most likely ), but I don't think the release date should help you decide to switch or not to Bear in this very moment. In your situation, I'll wait for the web version to be available ( and testable ) before considering switching.

Cheers.

13. 13 Posted by phs4 on 06 May, 2017 07:50 PM

Definitely +1 for the web version

14. 14 Posted by nerrb on 30 May, 2017 08:38 PM

Yeah... Can't buy in until there is at least a web app. I operate on too many platforms.

15. 15 Posted by syberiyxx on 10 Jun, 2017 08:59 PM

I really appreciate the quality of the experience that Bear gives me. Thank you for that quality. I don't mind it taking a long time for you to ship a quality product on the web.

16. 16 Posted by jpluschh on 12 Jun, 2017 04:57 AM

+1 for the web app version.

I appreciate the simplicity and the overall design. I already bought in as an appreciation for the team's hard work and efforts. I'm also working on multiple platforms on a daily basis. This app helps a lot, but it'll be perfect if there's a web app version available ASAP.

17. 17 Posted by asdf on 12 Jun, 2017 12:53 PM

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 11:58pm, jpluschh < [email blocked]

18. 18 Posted by Samuel on 15 Jun, 2017 01:00 PM

Believe me , I had no clue an app this good existed on the App Store, it was practically hidden, I saw it on a blog "iphonehacks.com" , decided to try it out, and now I'm blown away ...!!!

Please get a windows version out fast... Now I practically live on my iPhones , and it's killing my battery, cant get a mac yet, a windows version will mean a lot, Thanks !

19. 19 Posted by Thierry on 24 Jun, 2017 11:49 AM

+1 for the web version.

Very important to have access to notes anywhere, even at work on the standard windows pc.

20. 20 Posted by Leon on 30 Jun, 2017 02:19 AM

Need web version on a Linux PC.

21. 21 Posted by Priyansh on 21 Jul, 2017 12:44 PM

+1 for the web version!

I've been using this for a while on my phone and a web version would help my workflow a ton!

22. 22 Posted by Yoyo Young on 23 Jul, 2017 08:15 AM

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bridges/ios

Would you port your ipad version to UWP by windows bridge?
    I think it's not so expensive.

23. Support Staff 23 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 23 Jul, 2017 08:55 AM

@Yoyo I'm afraid the bridge alone can do very few for us

24. 24 Posted by Saznizam Sazmee on 31 Jul, 2017 03:39 AM

I'm really enjoying your app, but so far only on my iPad & iPhone (I subscribed because your app is THAT good). My main computer is on Windows so it really bums me out that I can't have the Bear experience on the platform which I do the most typing on. I'm hoping you guys can put out a web version soon.

Great job on the app so far. Thanks for all the hard work!

25. 25 Posted by Scott Heath on 31 Jul, 2017 08:45 PM

+1 for Windows version

Discovered your app today and would become a premium customer immediately if you had a Windows 10 version.

26. 26 Posted by Tripper on 02 Aug, 2017 08:36 PM

Another for the web version. I'd switch from evernote today if there was a web verison.

27. 27 Posted by zephyr on 05 Aug, 2017 10:25 PM

I would love a web or Windows version. It would be so useful for my work computer and I love Bear so much!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac