Bear Writer to windows and also web vesion?

Jostein

15 Nov, 2016 05:21 PM

Hi. Will there be a bear writer for windows users in the future? As well as an online version?

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by njs on 22 Sep, 2017 03:08 AM

+1 for web version-- can't really use this until notes are accessible in places where i am forced to use a windows machine...

2. 32 Posted by Tripper on 22 Sep, 2017 12:18 PM

I previously stated that I needed a web version to make the switch, but I like Bear writer so much that I made the switch anyway. I just pick up my phone when I need to look up a note. I'm still looking forward to a web version,l but until then I use my phone/mac and it's great. I have to use windows at work.

3. 33 Posted by JB on 28 Sep, 2017 02:04 AM

@Danilo Any updates on the release of a web version? This would make the difference between me getting a subscription and not using the app at all.

4. Support Staff 34 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 28 Sep, 2017 08:03 AM

The updates for MacOS 10.13 and iOS 11 took us mostly all summer and slowed down the web version development. We plan to invest more resources on it this fall but most likely we'll not be able to release it by the begin of 2018 as I hoped.

5. 35 Posted by Joost on 28 Sep, 2017 11:27 AM

Great news, thanks for letting us know staff! I'm forced using a windows machine on my internship so could be great to have a web version

6. 36 Posted by mahdix on 02 Oct, 2017 05:07 PM

I'm happy to hear that. It would mean a lot in terms of usability of the app. It's always great to be able to reach your notes on non-Apple environments.

7. 37 Posted by Alvaro Cuadros on 16 Oct, 2017 01:38 PM

Great news!! I really need a Web version!!

8. 38 Posted by 44sunsets on 22 Oct, 2017 02:48 AM

Really, really looking forward to the web version. Being able to use/sync with Bear on Windows is crucial for me -- we only have Windows PCs at work, so it's crippling not being able to have access to my notes there.

9. 39 Posted by ifeu on 23 Oct, 2017 12:02 PM

Glad to hear a web version is in the pipeline. I use windows a lot due to the nature of my profession, so access to notes from windows is really a must for me. If we get web, I'll be all my notes to Bear in a heartbeat.

10. 40 Posted by tony on 26 Oct, 2017 10:58 PM

+1 for web version! like others - I use PC at work and would switch over to bear in a heartbeat if a web version of bear is available!

11. 41 Posted by Chad on 29 Oct, 2017 12:37 PM

The web version, if it sync'd the notes for pro users, would be huge! It would allow one to jump into Chrome and edit the text in something like Grammarly.

12. 42 Posted by Daniel on 31 Oct, 2017 12:09 AM

Web version, yes!

I switched from Simplenote but live with Windows machines and an Android phone, in addition to all my Apple devices.

A web version would solve all my current issues in lieu of native apps for PC and Android.

Additionally, some security conscious employers also block Mac access to the iCloud drive to force their employees to use e.g. Box. In such an environment Bear doesn’t sync, so again a web version would be great.

13. 43 Posted by Meg on 01 Nov, 2017 04:03 PM

Hi Team,

Any update on if a web version will be available in 2018? I want to start using your product, but have Window's machines at work!

14. 44 Posted by Zak on 02 Nov, 2017 02:59 AM

You guys really need to have a web version ready for 2018. :-) I love the app, but I'll have to switch back to Google Keep or something if it doesn't come out soon.

15. 45 Posted by Chad Thiele on 02 Nov, 2017 03:16 AM

And for things like Grammarly, which improves writing.... but copying and
    pasting between apps gets cumbersome.

A web version (hopefully built to be compatible with things like Grammarly)
    would be awesome!

Chad

16. Support Staff 46 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 02 Nov, 2017 09:27 AM

@meg My hopes were of the begin of 2018 but we underestimated the fixes for the new operative systems. We still want to release it in 2018 but not as soon as we hoped for.

@Chad As a Grammarly users, I'll be more than glad to make it work with a web version of Bear, but I'm not sure if Grammarly works with markdown.

17. 47 Posted by Justin on 07 Nov, 2017 11:50 PM

I love Bear so much but I'm not sure I can wait that long for a web version. I need something for my Windows machine at work ASAP.

18. 48 Posted by Chad Thiele on 08 Nov, 2017 02:22 AM

I agree, for now I’ve cancelled my Bear subscription and stopped using it — back to Google Docs. :/

Chad Thiele, Founder
    Tokyo Spark

19. 49 Posted by Radu Ursache on 24 Nov, 2017 01:15 PM

+1 for web version, this will kill the need of support for windows, linux or other platforms.

my bear pro will expire in march 2018. will i renew? the answer will be "if web version is launched by then"

20. 50 Posted by Zak Clark on 24 Nov, 2017 02:09 PM

Yeah, I’ve already started to abandon Bear. Without a web version it’s
    pretty much worthless. Cute, but worthless.

21. 51 Posted by Zack Keys on 04 Dec, 2017 08:54 PM

I love Bear but I have an Android phone and I spend 75% of my work time on a Windows machine so I really haven't been able to use it as much as I want. It's hard to justify using it for productivity when my access is so limited by platform :/

A web-based system would be great but a standalone app for all platforms would be even better.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac