Bear Writer to windows and also web vesion?

Jostein

15 Nov, 2016 05:21 PM

Hi. Will there be a bear writer for windows users in the future? As well as an online version?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 18 Nov, 2016 11:33 AM

Hi Jostein,

we have plans for a web version but not for a windows one at the moment.

Cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Mike on 20 Nov, 2016 09:02 PM

Is there any approximate time line for a web version, and maybe a re thought of the PC version.

3. 3 Posted by Kevin on 21 Nov, 2016 02:19 AM

When would the timeframe be for the web version?

4. 4 Posted by Tom on 21 Nov, 2016 08:54 AM

+1 for the web version. Use Windows regularly at work so I need either a web or windows version to justify the cost. How little it may be.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Danilo Bonardi on 21 Nov, 2016 09:02 AM

Hello,

the web version will take a lot of time and work before being ready. We can't tell right now when it will be available.

Cheers.

6. 6 Posted by Bob Stolk on 09 Apr, 2017 03:58 PM

Any progress on the web version already?

7. 7 Posted by Alan on 10 Apr, 2017 10:24 PM

Definitely +1 for the web version.

Like many people, I use Apple devices for everything but my work laptop. Bear lends itself really well for capturing thoughts whenever I am, but the workflow sort of breaks down trying to get the notes onto my windows machine.

Great app, though! I couldn't be happier with it.

8. 8 Posted by Dmitry on 11 Apr, 2017 10:27 AM

To be honest I would switch from evernote / apple notes to bear if you would provide windows version. I use mac and iphone as personal devices, but at work I use win workstation. Currently use-case for bear even worse than for icloud notes - those have at least web-version (although for obvious reasons UX is worse than native application)

9. 9 Posted by Arthur on 20 Apr, 2017 05:54 AM

Definitely +1 for the web version!
    Due to my company do not provide Mac as my work station, but I am a Bear pro user. I like this app so much. But I can only use Dynalist web version as my note-taking tool at work, instead of Bear........

10. 10 Posted by Flo on 23 Apr, 2017 09:32 PM

Unfortunately - in today's world, you need to be able to support more than the Mac environment. I have multiple devices (e.g. Surface Pro, iPhone, MacBook and Dell Laptop). Most folks mix business and personal note taking applications.

I can confirm that our company has removed Bear from the downselect option because its lack of support for PC or a Web Version that can be efficiently used on the web. Many options exist, getting a quality product to market that serves more than a the current niche will be key in determining whether bear survivies

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac